2 T.V.'s from one reciever

Username: Pikedaddy

Post Number: 1
Let me start with an apology. I know that this question has had to have been asked before, but I can't find it. I'm new to all this and need the extra help and understanding.
Now to the question: Being such a cheap sucker, I am wanting to run 2 televisions off of one satellite reciever. In fact I want to split off my one reciever and splice it into my homes Cable wiring. (So I can hook a television up to any Cable outlet and watch what is coming from the one reciever.) I own a new home that has cable hook-ups in every room. We use Satellite and not Cable so all those cable plug-ins are not in use. Is there any way to split off my one satellite reciever and run the wiring into the "multiple cable box" (I don't know the correct term for this hook-up/splitter thing) in my basement? Do I need a "power booster" thing or something? Where do I split the cable at? Before the first television connection, or after it goes into the first television and come out the T.V.output? I will ask more after I get this much responded to. Thank You all!

Anonymous

Cannot be done.

Post Number: 2
Really!? Wow, I don't understand why?! I will watch this post some more, maybe someone else might have a "magic trck" I can use. Fell free to e-mail me.

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
go to the cable splitter box there is a input and a bunch of outputs hook your reciever output cable into the input that will send signal throughout the house

Post Number: 3
That is what I thought. The reason I even asked this question is because I have done this already. I have plugged my Sony computer (with Giga pocket/ a program that allows you to watch television thru the computer)into the cable outlet, but the picture quality is very grainy on the monitor. That is why I wondered if I needed a "power booster" or "signal cleaning device" spliced into the cable run somewhere.

Anonymous

Cable TV wire is crap and made for cable TV, NOT satellite and satellite U need RG6 cable.Won't work or very poorly.

Post Number: 4
My Cable is RG6/U

dfvghsdfg
Unregistered guest
hey lady..this wont work...the receiver has one tuner...which means that you can watch only channel at a time...i am cheap but hey its true and it sucks..just buy two boxes..its worth it

vitquay
Unregistered guest
@Keith
Connect the "TV out" from your receiver to a splitter with multiple outputs. The signal strength would not deteriorate very much if no more than 2 TVs are connected. The good parts here is that you can control your receiver with your remote control in the other room --> What you need is an RCA D940 wireless remote control signal sender. I put my receiver in the basement and I can watch and control 3 TVs upstair in different rooms using this device. It works Great!

Post Number: 5
Thank You vitquay! I want to put a Tv downstairs in a new recroom and run the signal off a reciever upstairs. I understand that I can only watch what is on the TV upstairs, that is not a problem. That RCA D940 wireless remote sounds great. Does it really work thru the whole house? For you to use 3 TVs does the signal strength deteriorate? I would like to split off to this new (downstairs) TV and my computer. Do you think that the signal would be to weak?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us