Help with a DVD that will play PAL discs

Bronze Member
Username: Tdoran70

NJ

Post Number: 18
Hello,

I recently received two DVD-R in a trade that would not work with my Sony DVD players. I put it in my Computer and it played wihout a problem. I was able to get some more information on the disc and discovered that it is in the PAL format which is the standard for most of Europe.

I went to another site and someone reccomended the CyberHome CH-DVD 300. I went to my local Circuit City and picked one up for $40. I got home all excited that I was going to be able to watch these DVDs, but when I put them in the player, I did not have any luck playing them still.

The first disc, seems to almost blink or stutter as it played. It was really fast, almost like you were blinking your eyes. The second disc, started to play for a little while but the player was making this horrible clicking noise the whole time and then it jsut would say that the disc was loading and nothing would happen.

My questions are, do you think it's the player? Or is it the discs? Is there a better less expensive DVD player out there that might work better?

Thanks in advance for your help. I really appreciate ir

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1944
There are a few players that will convert PAL to NTSC on the fly. Cyberhome supposedly does, but they don't like DVD-R much. Take the disc to an electronics store and find a player that will play the disc. Most major brand players won't do PAL to NTSC. You've got a better chance with a cheap player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us