Red vertical lines on 52z575

Username: Loki22

Post Number: 1
hello everyone I'm new here, I've had my set for almost a year and the other day it developed red thin vertical lines about an inch apart across the entire screen,but the picture is fine behind the lines. When turned on there are no lines, but as set heats up lines appear. I would appreciate any input about this problem. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 321
Charles,

You need to do two things:

1: Call JVC.. your light engine is probally bad.

2: When posting:

2: Serial number of your set ( serial number "range" with the last few digits XXX if you prefer)
3: Date of mfg
4: Date of purchase
5: Note symptoms in detail.
6: Note amount of run time, hour may hour each day
7: Note amount time set say on once it is powered up. (In other words your not turning OFF and back on every time a commercial comes on.)
5: Note if set in plugged into a UPS -to not only FILTER incoming power, but to PROTECT set from BROWN-OUT conditions (low voltage)

Posting details like the above not only will "help" JVC address the problem... but it will make it ALLOT harder for them to "wiggle" out of any claims, and lawsuits that may come about if these issues are not fixed.

NOTE: The above asking for "details" was a repost, so all sections may or may not apply to YOU directly.

Post Number: 2
Wearenotalone69, Thanks for the response,the set is JVC HD-52Z575, serial# 17983056 mfg. Dec. 2004.Purchased 1/16/2005. Set is plugged into UPS, run approx. 4-5 hrs. daily, Symptons are thin red vertical lines that are about 1 1/2 inch apart, gradually appear as set heats up, picture seems ok behind the lines, lines cover entire screen. Lines started about three days ago, have tried different motorola cable box, different outlet,nothing seems to make a difference. Concerned what will happen to warranty if repairs drag past 1year. Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
Charles,

I believe once a repair is "in process", they would have to finish the repair.

You need to call them ASAP, and but SURE to document who you talk to, what time of the call, the CS rep's ID number, what call center they are in, what was talked about, etc... (Keep detailed notes!!!)

Also be sure BEFORE hanging up to ask them to:
A: Read back the notes..
B: Verify they have "saved" the notes of what was talked about to file (to the hard disc). If you were say to talk with XYZ rep... and their computer crash, or they forget to enter the correct into it could cause problems... especially since you're coming up on the 1 year mark...

I would assume you have DISCONNECTED your cable box, etc TOTALLY, and the set does this on a regular OTA signal as well?

Got to ask, but is the cable box connected to the HDMI port? If so and the set works normally on other inputs the HDMI board is bad.

One more thought and just grabbing at straws , but unlikely since the symptoms seem to appear once the set warms up... Do you have any "new" neighbors???? Maybe some dude with a big microwave tower, or a ham operator, etc?

BTW: How LONG would you say the set has to run before the red lines appear?.. 5 --10- 20- 30 minutes, an hour?

I'd be on the phone with JVC ASAP... the light engine isn't "Cheap" if you have to buy one.

Please remember to POST back what the "official" diagnosis is, and what was done to fix the set in detail.

There IS a reset procedure in the Service Manual... Make sure that "they" don't just do a reset on it to get is out of warranty...

On the light engine... that can be done in your HOME... Don't let them BS you into taking the set in for repair. Alot of shops like doing that because they make more money that way... (and can hold the set "hostage".

Post Number: 3
WeAreNotAlone69, Again I really appreciate the input, I have spoken to JVC, have a "preferred service center" coming 12/8.I have tried OTA signals, also bypassed the UPS, it takes about 7 min. for lines to gradually appear, have tried conponent,and HDMI also coaxial, I would appreciate some more info on reset process maybe I could give that a try. BTW, I do have new neighbors above me but I have two other HD sets that do not have this problem. Again your expertise is appreciated.
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
RE: I would appreciate some more info on reset process maybe I could give that a try.

Charles,

You don't want to clear any codes, etc that may be in memory now

IF you "reset" the set now... the set may act "ok" for a while (unlikely)... and then screw up again AFTER the warranty period ends. 1/16/2006.

Post Number: 4
Hi all, to anyone who might be interested, tech looked at set today and diagnosed the problem as a defective light engine,says about ten days to order new one, well see......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us