New SONY has a STRANGE prob.

Username: Gsoul2soul

Post Number: 1
Sony Hz29 100 Hz ... 29 inch tv... suppose to be Superfine pitch and all BUT

In the middle... i can see one thick horizontal line... YES in the middle !!! is it common ?

Also... i see flicker... like smoke wave type of distortion... in section of the screen when there is lighter, brighter picture on screen...Like Sky or something... two vertical sections in my screen starts to wave... looking like smoke wavvy effect... the picture moves (not all screen moves :-(... only a lil section... but i can see it).. BUt if there is DARK image... there is nothing, only with BRIGHT, light colors :-(

HELP ME.... help me !!!

Gsoul2soul

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 243
You probably should consider exchanging the set for a new one due to the flicker.

As for horizontal lines, it shouldn't be thick and in the middle. Depending on the size of the screen, there may be one thin line on the lower half or two thin lines on the lower and upper halves. And, they should be noticeable only on bright images. These are horizontal damper lines which are designed to keep the aperture grille from harmonically resonating during operation. It's a trade off for the better efficiency and dot pitch capability of both Sony Trinitron and Mitsubishi Diamondtron (Diamondtron used only with select Mitsubishi computer monitors) compared to thermal shifting and the moire effect due to the characteristics of the shadow mask used in conventional picture tubes. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us