HD52G886 JVC

Username: Capblue

Post Number: 3
Thanks wearenotalone for info on HDMI reset.

All is well again BUT I did have to set the top box to 1080i because the JVC HD52G886 will not see signal from box fast enough. Cable box too slow in switching from 480-720-1080 so it gives no picture at times. I can not see any picture quality loss staying on 1080i. I'm also using a cable card and this has a great picture in all and HD is as good as HDMI. Trouble with cable card is loss digital at times after TV is turned off. Have to remove card and replace to receive digital pictures again. Channel summary shows all channels in. Could be the cable card but with the track record of this TV it may be the JVC. Purchased it from Vanns in Sept. for 2299.00 w/stand and Harmony remote. Great remote, does all.
Could the HDMI sync problem be the digital board and what with the cable card.........
Thanks
Whats your take on this Mr. Lynch or anyone
Thanks

Username: Capblue

Post Number: 5
Technician was out to change digital board out on my HD52G886. JVC said this was to take care of the delay in switching formats. Did not work. Bad board,caused a delay in power up and all digital programs came up in green. Had cable company reset card and picture was ok but no sound on digital only. Cable box ok on all channels and ok on cable card, low channels only up to 74. JVC said will have to wait for another up date on board.

Capblue
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us