Mitsubishi HDTV component switcher

Username: Scromer

Post Number: 1
I have a HUGE problem. I own a 65" mitsubishi HDTV, not sure of the exact model number but its 2 years old or so. I recently got my Xbox 360, which uses 1080i component inputs for best viewing. My TV only has 3 component inputs and only ONE is 1080i. No DVI input or anything else is available on this TV. Since I use the 1080i input for my Cox HD cable I figured I needed a Video component switcher so I bought a Pelican System Switcher Pro unit and hooked everything up thru it. IT looked very good except I noticed a wavy effect on every input I watched, It looked a lot like when you get an electronic device too close to a computer monitor. What can I do? I don't want to go out and buy a new TV just yet but I also do not want to unplug cables whenever I want to use other 1080i components.

Thanks,
Sam

la_bruin
Unregistered guest
Ha ha... Sam, I have the EXACT same problem. The model of TV you have is the Mitsubishi Diamond WS-65712. I've been scouring the Internet for solutions to this and another problem I have. (See below)

As far as I've been told, this can work - you just need a decent quality component switcher with low interference and minimal cabling. See this URL"
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-491271.html

Additionally, I can't get a component signal from my Xbox even though the composite signal comes in just fine. (I have that plugged into Composite Input 2) I've tried plugging in the component cables to both the 480i/p inputs as well as the single Component/DTV/1080i input and to no avail. My XBox "Classic" works just fine on all inputs BTW. I believe based on what I've read, I have a faulty HD Video Cable... which is pissing me off but at least I think I figured out what the problem is. Apparently there are a lot of others out there with the same problem.

lsblack1
Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi WS-65711 Diamond 65" RPTV and just last night the bottom half of the screen bows down like a rainbow... when you look at the advanced convergence screen it's evident that the convergence is off at the bottom (at great deal) and its out a little at the top (it will not allow me to make any adjustments here!). The TV is only 2 years old and has never been moved or even bumped.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us