97W and 121W.

hammu
Unregistered guest
would somebody please post the local frequencies and the TP frequencies for 97 W and 121 W. from toronto.
thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: As400

Post Number: 63
Bell ExpressVu on Nimiq 1/3 at 91.0°W LoFreq 11250
http://www.lyngsat. com/packages/expressvu1.html

DISH Network on EchoStar 9 at 121.0°W LoFreq 10750
http://www.lyngsat. com/packages/dish121.html

IBM

Bronze Member
Username: As400

Post Number: 64
I dont know whats on 97W

IBM

hammu
Unregistered guest
hi IBM,
thanks for the reply.
97 W is telsat 5 with international channels.
In my case i am getting 85 % signal level in both 97 and 121, but no quality at all. i am using 33" dish and linear lnb. coax connected to a diseq switch from lnb. my receiver is pansat 2500. i couldn't figure out what am doing wrong.
if anybody can help. please.

hammu.

Bronze Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 50
I get both, 97W and 121W just fine, check the following:

-Lnb set up (it should be set to either 10750 or 9750/10600 I believe), and make sure that Lnb power is set to on
-cable connections
-your allignment
and if all above are good, then you need to give more info on what type of lnb and if you are using a diseq or not etc..
Hope this help.

hammu
Unregistered guest
thanks for the response geek geek,

my settings are as follows,

lnb standard
local frequency 10750
22kwz off
diseq #3

elevation 24.9 (121W) 37 (97 W)
azimuth 232 (121 W) 205 (97 W)

receiver pansat 2500a

i am in toronto.

diseq #1 & #2 are connected to 119 & 110 .

signal level 85 - 90 % ( both sata)
quality 0

i spent a lot of days reading the posts in different sites. could not figure out what iam doing wrong. Anybody have any ideas ? please post.

thanks in advance.

hammu.

Silver Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 161
97w and 121w are linear polarization and require a liner LNBF of which their are 2 types Standard w/ a L.O. of 10750 and Universal w a lower L.O. of 9750 and a upper L.O. of 10600. The receiver will us 22Khz switching to change between the upper & lower L.O.s automatically. If you use a universal LNBF you can't use a 22Khz switch. I'll let you look up your own lat longs and get the proper az and els for the birds. One word of advice, when searching, be sure the receiver is set to an active tp or you will never see the quality go up, just signal. On 97w try 11989V, SR 22000. On 121w try 11956V SR2000. If all else is correct and you get signal but not quality, you need to fine tune your dish pointing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Ok here what you can do if what Need4bass still doesnlt work for you. If 110 and 119 are working for you, change you Linear lnb cable to one of those ports, to see if mybe your port #3 is bad. Also if you have an extra Linear lnb try to replace it instead of the one you have now. Another mistake that a lots of do, and I have witnessed it is using RG59 instead of RG6 cable. Make sure you cable is RG6 it will help a lot. The reason for that is that RG59 have high resistance and sometimes distort weak signal such as the 97W.

Good luck.

hammu
Unregistered guest
Need4Bass & geek geek,

thanks very much for your suggestions. i will troubleshoot and try your suggestions soon and post the results.

thanks again.

hammu.

Username: Harperm

Alabama, Ms Usa

Post Number: 3
hey hammu!
what R U trying to catsh(mokhayamat elhmada)polizario!!
smokey is out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Yehhh, he probably will find some polizario show on the algerien or moroccan channels. If it intersts him why not. I personally watch a lots of channels on the 97W.

hammu
Unregistered guest
hi guys,

with international channels, you get to see differnt cultures. you learn to value everything and respect each other. after all it's a small world.

i haven't tried the above suggestions. (i am working). anybody have any other suggestions, please. so that i can try every thing on saturday and i will post the outcome. that will be helpful for some other noob in the future.

thanks guys,

hammu

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us