Question for Thill

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 266
Being in Fla I wonder if your having the same problem I am having with signal strength today goes from 99% to zero, started last night with all the rain and just said it was the weather, and so it may be the clouds may be just that thick between me and the birds but I'm not sure, I guess you remember I have a 2700A can't recall you saying what you have but if you have a pansat what bin are you using, I was going to upgrade to the 129 bin but not until this other problem fixes it self.

Anonymous

Slo_hand2 you probably have a bad connection which is whats causing the jump check your conections closely outside

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 933
No problems here with any receivers

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
Well guess what I found the problem, Maybe someone else can benefit from this.

IF YOU HAVE A SIGNAL PROBLEM AFTER A HEAVY CONSTANT RAIN STORM AND YOU HAVE AN EXPOSED 4X1 DISEqC SWITCH CHECK FOR WATER MY SWITCH WAS EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS.
BEST TO ENCASE THE SWITCH IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER (I SAW WHERE SOMEONE HAD USED A TUPPERWARE CONTAINER) AND SEAL IT GOOD TO KEEP OUT MOISTURE.
All is working fine since I changed out the switch!

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 937
oooh..thought U knew that...NO U cannot leave the switch exposed to the elements!

Upload

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 766
I taped my entire switch including the connections with an electrical tape, easy, fast, cheap and comes in a variety of colors :-).

Disqview Protect
Unregistered guest
Heh, I like the tupper ware idea.

Maybe pick one up at the dollar store with a lid, silicone the holes you cut out for the wires and use the air tight lid for easy access to service.

Heh... cool idea.

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
Well I did but the last container got cracked and I removed it and did not replace it thus the problem,
Maybe my erroer will be of interest to some newbie before they make the same mistake, and yes that is the pic I was thinking about, Just spent the last hour honing out holes for the switch lol. Just glad I didn't fry the reciever the switch was loaded with water it poured out ugh!

Anonymous

do you know if there is ant new bev bin for fortec ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us