Problems with HDMI connections

Kento
Unregistered guest
I have HDMI connections from my Hughes HD Tivo receiver and my Denon DVD player to my Panasonic TH50PHD-7UY plasma (I bought the optional HDMI input "cards" that plug into the back). I have had basically trouble-free operation (other than the fact that I must turn on my source-- either Tivo or DVD-- first before the plasma TV in order for the "handshake" to occur and the video display to appear) for almost 10 months until a few days ago, when the screen went blank and a "no signal" message appeared. The only action that will bring the signal back is to turn off the TV momentarily, but the solution is temporary; the signal will fall out again after 5 minutes or so (even less with my DVD player). This problem has stricken both my Tivo and my DVD player at the same time. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem, and have any explanation/solution for it? I guess I'm going to have to reinstall the component video input boards into the TV and buy component cables, but if there's a way out of this, I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thanx in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us