Sony big screen problem??

Username: Jmorton10

Post Number: 2
I have a 60" Sony rear projection LCD TV(KDF-60WF655).

Yesterday when my son turned it on, the picture came on dark at first like it always does, but then instead of brightening up -the power light started blinking green again. It then kept switching back & forth between a dim picture & the blinking trying to light the bulb mode.

Does this mean the bulb is shot??

~John

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 460
Yes! Break out your spare.

Post Number: 3
Well, I replaced the bulb & it works fine. Does the Sony warranty cover the bulb??

The TV is only 4 months old.

~John

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 469
Absolutely!

Sony covers parts and labor for one year!
They may ship it to you.
They might send a guy to install it.

Post Number: 4
I called Sony service yesterday, & they told me that because I didn't call them first & go through their "diagnostic procedures" first that the bulb was not covered.

~John

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 471
You are covered for that lamp failure. They may have a record of your call or may not. It depends on what information you gave them. Personally, I wouldn't have told them I touched the set. I would have answered their stupid questions and had them either send me a replacement or a technician to replace it. If needed, I would have put the old one back in if a guy was scheduled to come out. I would either try again or escalate the issue to the next level of support. They owe you a lamp! I wouldn't let it go!

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

MN USA

Post Number: 126
sony wasn't any help with me either tho. They are refusing to replace my plasma that has burnt out cells.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us