DVD and HD-Ready TV

Chenoweth
Unregistered guest
Hey,

I just purchased an HD-Ready TV for my room, it supports 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i. I have a Progressive scan DVD player+VCR. The TV Came with component cables (red, green and blue) - I want the best picture possible, should I hook up the dvd player via the component cables or s-video?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1923
Component, you can't use progressive scan with s-video.

Chenoweth
Unregistered guest
Well there may be something wrong with this DVD player, because between interlaced and progressive, it looks the same.

Username: Yenery

Post Number: 2
I believe your case might be similar to mine. I have a Panasonic PT-43LC14 TV(HD Ready) and a Toshiba RD-XS32SU DVD Player connected via component cable. I can only watch 480p although both DVD player and TV supports 720p. I have no idea why it does do that.

Unregistered guest
yener yar have you gone into the setup of the dvd player and changed it to do progressive scan. if it is a half decent dvd player it will push 1080i

Username: Yenery

Post Number: 3
Steve, that's what I believe, I paid a lot to this DVD player and the component cables aren't cheap too. But the manual doesn't say too much about a progressive scan setup. There is a Progressive Button on the remote and it does switch to Progressive mode when clicked. But always 480p when pressed. I have read the TV's manual, DVD players manual and couldn't figure out what's wrong. If it can't be done, waste of money for me.

Bronze Member
Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 35
just a 1 thing to say realy is that i think its time for all of us to move on to HTMI & DVI conetions.

Bronze Member
Username: Nik3

Sacramento, Ca Usa

Post Number: 36
in the next year or so your gona see nothing but HTMI on the back of the dvd players componet is a thing of the past
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us