I'm thinking of buying a DVD recorder and I need a little help

Username: Rgfudd99

GlenmontUSA

Post Number: 1
I am in the market for a DVD recorder/VCR. I have a lot of VHS tape that I want to transfer to DVD and I also want the ability to record onto DVD from my cable TV. I currently have a DVR box from the cable company. Can I hook up a DVD recorder/VCR combo to my cable companies DVR box?

I saw the Emerson EWR20V4 advertised a good price. There was also a model from Lite-On which seemed good. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1921
Those are both cheap recorders. Spend more and get a Pioneer.

GlenmontUSA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input, David. Will a Pioneer DVD recorder/VCR easily hook up to a DVR box from my cable company? In addition to transferring VHS to DVD, I do voiceover work and I want to be able to record commercials that air on cable TV that I have done onto a DVD and then be able to take that DVD and play it on a computer. Do you think a Pioneer would work for what I've described and is it really that much better than the cheaper Emerson and Lite-On models? Thanks again.

Rob

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1924
Don't buy a combo, buy seperate. Combos are poor quality machines, and if you plan on doing any protected tapes, they won't work. Almost anything would be better than Emerson or Lite On. I don't know about DVR, never had any use for one. Any finalized DVD should play on a PC if you have the software to do it.

GlenmontUSA

Post Number: 3
Thanks. I'll have to look into buying 2 pieces of equipment then. I appreciate the advice.

tabi2770
Unregistered guest
I have a movie that I want to back up but it has a copyright. I have a home DVD recorder and I want to use that to make a copy, only it wont let me because of the copyright. Is there a way to get around that? Is there any kind of hook up or program that can be put on those DVD recorders to by pass the copyright on the movie?

Unregistered guest
I just purchased a DVD recorder/VCR (INSIGNIA), and I have Direct TV. The instructions only talk about connecting the unit to cable and to the TV. Is there a special way I need to connect the recorder (i.e. to the satellite receiver and to the TV?) Also can I record any satellite channel onto DVD. When I programmed the channels, using the auto channel, the channels programmed stopped at channel 125. The Insignia DVD/VCD recorder i just bought includes only 125 channels. Could this be the problem? Please help me. Please email me at delignacio@yahoo.com, if you could help me with this. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us