TY-LA1000 Lamp Question

some_random_tv_guy
Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic PT-60LC13. Its worked like a charm for 21 months. Just yesterday, the TV turned itself off without notice and the lamp light started flashing. I've read the forums on the lamp issues but they all seem to do this when the lamp actually blows. I pulled my lamp, and the filament (or whatever it is) is still intact. If I power the set on again, it works normally for up to 4 minutes before shutting down again (no notice or anything.) Is my lamp dying? Is it something else? Of course it had to happen on Thanksgiving weekend when no local TV shops are open near me.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 281
Lamp... Could be the ballast also... Read the Panny thread (and POST there) future questions.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/124835.html

BTW: Why start a new thread? I'm sure you started a new thread in the hope of someone responding sooner, but the more posts in that thread, the better the chance is for anyone that is hoping to get Panny to cough up a new lamp... or ballast.

Suggestion, post detailed info, mfg date, purchase date, amount run each day, serial number range, etc because that info will help those that ARE trying to get Panny to honor, extend the warranty...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us