Akai 52 inch tv

Username: Wolverine652001

Post Number: 1
The blue tube gave out.. Its $50.00 for the new tube, is this an easy job to replace? i hear that if you screw up, it'll blow up.

thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 295
RE: i hear that if you screw up, "it'll blow up".

Depends on what model number it is.

Hey, said the customer to the parts guy, give me a "water pump" for my car... Customer refusing to tell the part guy only the car was an "Akai".

Got to ask.. do you think you're going to get the right pump... if you don't state the model number?

BTW: First thing you need to hunt down is the service manual for you're set.

Be careful, because YOU can get "blown-up" working inside a TV.... ZAPPPPP !!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 296
RE: i hear that if you screw up, "it'll blow up".

Depends on what model number it is.

Hey, said the customer to the parts guy, give me a "water pump" for my car... (Customer then refusing to tell the parts guy only the car was an "Akai".)

Got to ask.. do you think you're going to get the right pump..(or advise to fix the item).... if you don't state the model number?

So to recap,

1: State what model in your post. (we only know it's an Akai at this point.)

2: State how "old" the set is...

3: Hunt down a copy of the service manual for your set. It will tell you how to replace the tube.

PS: YOU can get "blown-up" working inside a TV.... ZAPPPPP !!!!! Be careful , or YOU could get killed!!!!

Username: Wolverine652001

Post Number: 2
I'll have to look for the model number. I don't know where the maunal is at. it's only 3 years old.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us