DLP TV recommendation

Username: Dfresh

Post Number: 8
Looking for a DLP TV recommendation. Would like it to support 1080i and be at least 45 inches. Prefer not to go over $2500. This TV will be used for a lot of gaming. The Toshiba 52HM95 has caught my eye. Does anyone recommend Toshiba or other brands for a solid HDTV? Thanks

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Doug, I'm biased because I work in product development at RCA, but as I have told others on this board, we believe our HD50LPW175 at Best Buy is an oustanding performer. It is great for gaming, it has a 7-segment color wheel for less dithering noise in dark areas, it has fabulous contrast ratio, it has a built-in subwoofer for better audio, and it sells for $1899 or so. The cabinet is pretty cool, too, in my opinion. Read Sound and Vision Nov. issue for their evaluation of our set.

I try to say as little as possible about competitors products, but honestly, every Toshiba that I've had in the lab had poor color accuracy (too green and yellow), the sharpness of the picture was not very good, and the user interface was difficult to use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us