JVC D-ILA 52-G786 picture question

Username: Natsmoker

Post Number: 1
After doing some reseach I had decided that the JVC D-ILA would be the best HDTV RP for the money. Some outstanding reviews as well. I went to the store expecting to be blown away by the 52-G786 . I was not impressed. There was pixalation and jagged edges everywhere in the picture. The Saleman said this was just a bad signal. SO I asked him to pop in a DVD. The picture was even worse. Like watching a compressed mgeg on mt PC full screen.

Now I am shying away from the JVC. Can any owners of this set give an opinion on the PQ and any issues they have seen?

Thanks

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
The picture is only as good as the source. I suggest that you go somewhere that has a decent satellite signal of Discovery HD Theater or has a really good DVD player hooked up via HDMI or component cables.

Username: Natsmoker

Post Number: 2
I did go to 3 different stores. All three sets suffered from the same degraded picuture quality.

On the other hand, still images looked like photos. Bright and 3 dimentional. Best I have seen. But as soon as there was any motion, it quickly degraded and became the worst picture side by side with all the other sets in the store.

I think I read a review here that indicates some of JVC d-ila's do a poor job of decoded the HD signal. Has anyone experienced this.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us