Aimed, Scaned 121 and just got 18 channels. HELP!!!!

RaPPino
Unregistered guest
I have a pansat 2500A and just found the Echo 9 121 sat. but when i scan it i only get around 18 local channels. I'm looking for the internationals and I'm sure that i aimed right but i can't find where i made the mistake. Can someone please help me.

hammu
Unregistered guest
hi guys,
i have the same problem. i am trying to get the intl channels on 121w with a 30" dish and a linear lnb. i have 85 % signal but no quality.
my settings are like,

lnb standard
local freq. 10750
22kwz off
diesq # 3 ( 1 an 2 are 119 and 110)

i blind scanned and got 20 channels, 2 chineese channels work. remaining say scrambled or bad ch.
my receiver is pansat 2500 and i am using the latest bin (255c).
i am trying for a week now. i read a lot of forums about 121 . please help. much appreciated. and thanks in advance. ps. i am in toronto.

thill
Unregistered guest
how did you get 20 channels if you didn't have no quality?

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 677
Try unplugging any switches set between the lnb and receiver, then do a blind scan.

hammu
Unregistered guest
thanks to you both for responding (thill &h3lt3r)

to thill,
i did the blind scan because i had 85 to 90 % signal strength. so i was trying my luck.

to h3lt3r sk3lt3r,

my connection is , a 6' coaxial cable from lnb to # 3 port of diseq switch. #1 is connected to 119 and #2 is connected to 110. Are you suggesting , i should connect a cable directly from lnb to receiver for scanning and then reconnect to diseq switch ? one other question is about skewing lnb. what is this. i read threads about skew but i did not understand what really it is . could you please explain briefly ?

thanks,

hammu.

hammu
Unregistered guest
to both of you guys again,

what is the Tp with strongest signal for international channels on 121. i tried lyngsat and couldn't find.

thanks,
hammu.

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
@hammu

Dude this is testing, test, run the coax from lnb straight to your box and see if you get anything, make sure you set the diseq settings on your box accordingly.

TP signal is specific to the region/area, 1 TP might have a weak signal on the west coast, 1 might have a weak signal on the east.

hammu
Unregistered guest
thanks h3lt3r sk3lt3r for the pronto response.
i will test and post the result.

hammu

RaPPino
Unregistered guest
12072 is the only TP i can get some channels from. they are forgein i can see. and it says that it is from echo 9 121. instead of standard i received reception on universal 1 and my quality is 99%. now i'm wondering if i caught some other satalite and received 121 only per luck because they are so close. is there a special switch needed or anything additional to get 121. i have a linear lnb and 36 inch dish, but do i need anything else like a switch or so?

Silver Member

Post Number: 680
@RaPPino

If you're only after 121, what you have already is all you'll need.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us