BEGINNER SPECIFIC STEPS for Fortec lifetime ultra

affiliatemail
Unregistered guest
Perhaps if there is someone here who really cares, and really has the specific step by step understandible knoledge to get my fortec lifetime ultra working again, you may post here, otherwise, please don't, I need a caring person to help me.

MY STORY:

I used to just come to this board to get the new keys every week or so, then update it my settings nagravision, dishnetwork 00 and 01 keys area. Then save and restart the box.

Something happened a few months ago and the new keys wouldn't work anymore, so they guy who sold me the box came over here and gave me a new box, and didn't explain ANYTHING properly, and just said go get the keys again on the internet with no further explanation.

Well his new box lasted ONE WEEK before all the channels went black.

Now I come back here to this forum as usual to get new keys to update it, but NOBODY is listing keys anymore here for the fortec in nagravision, dishnetwork 00 and 01 like they used to. People are just talking a bunch of complicated programming talk that I have no clue as to what it means.

The only thing I am getting from any of this, explain to me if I am wrong, is that NOW everything is different and I can NOT just come to the forum and get new keys anymore every week, NOW every week I have to disconnect my box, get some kind of cable and connect it to my computer, and start some kind of software to do something to the box to make it work again.

AM I CORRECT in the above statement?

So are you saying, like basically EVERY WEEK now I have to disconnect my whole box, and do this whole dam process over and over again?? In other words there is no method for just entering the keys and restarting like I did before correct?

This seems utterly insane to me, but if someone cares and can explain step by step the ENTIRE PROCESS, can you tell me

1) what exact cable I need for the fortec lifetime ultra, for Toronto Ontario area. I used to enter keys in the nagravision, then dishnetwork choice.

2) What exact sofware do I need, and do I need to update it every week too? and where exactly do I get it, and what are the exact instructions on what to do with it.

3) give details to EVERY OTHER STEP I didn't ask for or know about, remember I don't understand this stuff beyond entering my keys like before, so speak understadable basic defined english, not tech speak.

5) Please do NOT answer any of these questions if you expect me to be understading of any kind of tech language or term, because I won't know what the heck you are saying without proper explanation, and your post will be useless to me.

Only post if you can translate the tech steps into understandable english in a way a moron like me can follow what you are saying and not get frustrated and lost.

If someone can post what I want IN THE WAY I want and need it, I am willing to donate $20 to you by paypal for your good deed.

Thank you and best wishes.
you can email me the steps at

affiliatemail @ canada dot com

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 785
Nagra2 encrypion (scrambled signals)is here now because Dishnetwork wants it!...but it has been hacked...U must install/upload Nagra2 latest bins every time DN changes the keys now and also "set the default key" for the N1 keys...the latest keys are in the new nagra 2 bins now..there is NO other way!...its very simple...read here for 15 minutes and U will understand...all u do is flash your receiver using a cable,latest N2 bin,and your computer...then using your remote set the deafault keys..do a blind scan..watch TV

BTW...there are "how To" manuals/files at every other DSS site,if U don't understand these posts here in these forums

affiliatemail
Unregistered guest
This kind of tech language response is exactly what I asked not to get. Thanks anyways.

"using your remote set the default keys (huh?)..do a blind scan (huh)", "Nagra2 latest bins (nagra2 what)" ok whatever that all means. Guess nobody wanted my 20 bucks. Fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 808
$20 to teach U FTA?...WOW ,big time spender..heck,golf lessons are $75 an hour..and FTA takes alot more than an hour to learn!

and if think those were "tech" words,then give it up!...U just want to be catered to with a BIG spoon!...My response was put in laymans reading terms at a 4th grade level!...and sorry,but "blind scan" cannot be put in more non technical terms...I gave U a basic summary/overview to easily comprehend, not a detailed 'How To" guide which U need to read, that are posted everywhere..

affiliatemail
Unregistered guest
"U just want to be catered to with a BIG spoon!"

Then don't fu$$ing respond in the first place to waste my time, I TOLD YOU FU$$ING AS$$LE ANSWER HOW I NEED OR DON"T ANSWER AT ALL. F$$ing m$$on, because of your inability to translate you try to belittle me? F$$K YOU BI$$H. YOU never even read my post at all.

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
dude try and read a little or go the h3ll away thill is one of the best guys on here and knows his sh1t dont be an a$$hole READ!!!

Anonymous

thrill is trying to help...if you don't understand in the simplest of jargon...then get educated. don't bash people who try to help.

punjavi doo
Unregistered guest
U are a dog that bites the hand of someone trying to feed U

what an ungrateful biitch !

Bronze Member
Username: Chronmar

Post Number: 22
ha yeah for real... I came into this whole thing about 2 weeks ago, never connecting a dish in my life... between this and a few other forums suggested in threads on here I have been able to install and setup my dish in about 3 hours (including mounting and running wires :-) ) Even though some wording might sound too "techy", when you do it once you'll understand how simple it is...

I give credit to all the guys here that give this knowledge out for free and help people get on thier feet with this hobby...

Plus you might get some better results if you ask for help not demand it... only common curtosy towards people devoting time reading these threads

Bronze Member
Username: Bib_macintyre

Post Number: 27
Hey affiliatemail if you didnt post all the bull and profanity after the first post you may have gotten a better response.
Remember these are high tech people here that expect you to do some reading first and understand the terms.

You bought a second reciever hopefully the term reciever aint too tech of a word for you.

My opinion is ti call the guy back and get him to setup the whole thing to the point that you can see tv. Just buying another reciever wont allow you to watch tv unless the correct setup has been done.

If you have your dish up and have a reciever then call a guy to come over and flash the reciver, meaning you need to download a program. Then get him to allign your dish.

If you dont know how to flash a reciever then DONT. youll end up buying another and another unless its done correctly.
If this is not a fair answer then FTA is not for you. Better off with cable.

Silver Member

Post Number: 846
Chronmar...it really wasn't difficut ,was it!...hardest part is aligning the dish..and its not "techie" stuff at all..(cable, roof dish, scan, receiver, signal, satellite are pretty simple terms....LOL) U just have to READ to understand some of the lingo, which comes very quick...FTA is not Rocket Science..its no harder than learning how to fish or some basic simple tasks..

doooobs
Unregistered guest
what does fta stand for?

Mr. Big Turkey
Unregistered guest
FTA = Free To Air
Any time you buy an FTA receiver, you must realize that it was manufactured for unencrypted, free-to-air television. That does not include Dish Network and Bell ExpressVu, which are encrypted, pay TV services. The only warranties that the manufacturers of any FTA receiver can make is that they will cover their product if used for their proper, legal purpose. Once you flash with non-factory software, you void your warranty.
If you want a pre-flashed receiver because you don't want to be bothered with learning how to flash--you just want easy, plug-and-play free TV--then your in the wrong place. The only free TV that exists is the 300 or so unencrypted channels that are on satellites other than Dish Network and Bell ExpressVu.

Bronze Member
Username: Chronmar

Post Number: 27
@thill

actually it was real simple... plus i did some homework on the way to point the dish so the signal I got within minutes after mounting the dish... hardest part was running through the soffit, attic, and down the wall... I also found a few FTA "dictionary" lists explaining what some of the terms were... i.e. dave = direct tv, epg = electronic programming guide, etc... I ran into a hardware problem on mine though so c00lsat is repairing and sending back within 7 - 10 days (prolly popped a fuse and they inspecting what componant failed)

=)

Username: Wolf67

Canada

Post Number: 8
if Charlie can change keys etc. every 20 days or so, why doesn't do it every other day??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us