Philips 51PW9303 with black spot in picture

Username: Hetzer67

Phoenix, Az

Post Number: 1
Hi,
Its my first post so I hope I included all the info needed. My TV has a small black spot in the upper right corner, about the diameter of a pencil eraser. I called philips and was told I was out of warranty by about a month but the support person said it sounds like "dust on the mirror". Does this sound likely? Is this something an average joe can remedy? If this is over the head of the average person what is a ballpark figure to have it fixed?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 79
I have a old 55" projection that I take apart and clean the inside. It does sound like you have a dead bug or spider that died on your mirror. This happens alot. It is'nt hard taking a bigscreen apart. Most times you can access the mirror by taking off the front bezel and removing the screen that is held in place by some screws or clips. Every TV is different so you will have to experiment

Username: Hetzer67

Phoenix, Az

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info, Mystro. Can anyone post a link that shows the general lay out of a projection tv so I know where I am going and what I should be looking for?
Thx

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 85
See if your manual has a parts layout or schematic in the back pages. Maybe do a search on the net. Even if you dont find the exact model any Philips model may give you a general layout.
Most all units have a removable bezel around the screen that is held in by push clips. Just slowly pry out the corner and slowly work your way around the bezel to remove it. Always unplug a TV when working on it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us