Running Cables Right in New House

Username: Sealevel

Post Number: 2
I am building a new house and would like to set things up so I have decent signal strength for my modem as well as my tvs. I plan on having 4 TVs, 2 of which will probably be HD and 1 internet connection. One tv will be 10' from manin panel, one HD TV 40', one TV & modem 60' and one HD TV 80'. Can anyone tell me the correct way to run my cables for maxium signal strength? Many thanx...sealevel

Username: Cabletech

Post Number: 4
Home run every cable back to a main point of entry, so when the cable company comes all they need is a hooke up out side and to the main point where the cables are ran. split the signal once and if needed you can amp it right where the splitter is

larry the cable guy
Unregistered guest
starting from entry point: from this one cable put a 2way splitter or tap to have just one cable to your modem, then from the other leg of the splitter or tap you put on a 4 way splitter and home run to your 4 tvs. if you don't do it this way with a cable modem it wont work correctly. if you need amplification put it after thecable modem splitter or tap and before the 4 way splitter to the tvs. do not amplify before the modem

Bronze Member
Username: Cabletech

Post Number: 11
Good point, larry, I was hoping that the tech that did his install would know that, but then again some techs are in it for a paycheck. HAHAHAHA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us