HDTV Antenna Integration

steve_roll_tide
Unregistered guest
I purchased a 50' Panasonic LCD HDTV about 1.5 years ago. In my last building, I had Comcast and had no problem having the HD feeds. In my new building I have DirectTV, however the building is not wired for HD to integrate with DirectTV. Therefore, what do I need in order to support HD local channels? If I purchase the Terk HDTVi antenna and plug directly into my Panasonic UHF/VHF coaxial cable, will I receive all of the local HD feeds that I can reach a signal for........or do I need to purchase additional equipment to integrate with Panasonic?

Anonymous

If the TV has a built in HDTV tuner you are good to go with the antenna. If not, then you will need to purchase an external HDTV tuner. Of course, this is only for the local channels and will do nothing for the DirectTV signal. You say "however the building is not wired for HD to integrate with DirectTV". So what you are saying is you do not have a DirectTV box in your apartment?

steve_roll_tide
Unregistered guest
I have a DirectTV box, but it is not a box that supports HD receptions or has an HD tuner. The management of my building says that the building wiring has not been upgraded to support HD through DirectTV. I do have a box in my apartment though.

Username: Mitche14

Orlando, FL United States

Post Number: 1
i just ordered a terk(model hdtva).what all do i need to do to get it working?where do the wires go?do i need to do anything to the tv?i have an hdtv and an hd box from dish.thanks for your help in this matter.

Username: Mitche14

Orlando, FL United States

Post Number: 2
how do i get replies to my post?

Anonymous

James, just plug the coax cable from your terk hdtv antenna to the Ant1 on the back of your tv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us