DVDS SKIP AND STOP.

Anonymous

I HAVE 2 DVD PLAYERS(SONY AND TOSHIBA) THAT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH. MOVIES WILL STOP AND SKIP.
PLEASE HELP

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 110
Model numbers, please.

Plus, a more detailed description of the symptoms wouldn't hurt.

When will the movie skip and stop? In the beginning, in the middle, near the end?

What happens when the skip occurs?

How long does the player have to be used before this happens?

And, what condition are the discs in? - Reinhart

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1874
Open the player and clean the lens and spindle top and bottom with a q-tip wet with alcohol. Be sure you get the spindle clean, the discs can slip when they get dirty, causing skipping. Don't have anything under or on top of the player, it causes heat problems.

Tek
Unregistered guest
The Sony is model #DVP-S560D. The Toshiba is model #SD-3960. The movies usually will skip and stop in the middle of the movie. By skip and stop: they usually seem like they are in slow motion and the picture is all jumbled. Sometimes I can fast forward thru these spots but other times this does not work. This happens on both players at different times. Some times happens right after the player has been turned on, other times it is when it has been on for a while.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
I would concur with the possibility of overheating. Use the players in a more ventilated area if they are in an enclosed space.

Another possibility could be bad discs. What condition are the discs in? - Reinhart

Tek
Unregistered guest
Discs are in good condition, most are new.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
Where are the players located? - Reinhart

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1902
Sony and Toshiba both use lousy spindle motors. If it isn't a heat problem, and you've cleaned the lens and spindle, the motors are probably going.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us