Samsung DLP User Reset - Why Not?

Username: Aricle

Post Number: 1
Someone mentioned once in these forums that one should never initiate a "User Reset" from the Samsung DLP Service Menu. I'm very curious why. What could happen? I imagine that it would reset all of the options within the user menu (picture settings, sound setup, etc).

Will it actually melt down the television?

Thanks for any input.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 443
That was me who said it.

There is a Digi-Main board that tells each version of light engine how to operate. I'm talking about more than color levels, white levels, gama, geometry and such. It goes into sync of color wheel RPM, lamp light lumen detection, indexs of all sorts, etc. The word "User" should have been replaced with "Factory" because it takes all perameters to a factory base level condition. With each light engine comes a data sheet for Digi-Main parameter setup. There are two types and makers of light engines for many models. There are sometimes different lamps as well, though Phillips lamps are mostly used.

If you're in your warranty period and the set gets wacked out from service menu adjustments your warranty is toast and the bill is yours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us