DTV Sub Sharing

Username: Bcborn

Post Number: 1
When signing up for additional DTV subscriptions (sub sharing) can one use existing equipment. Does DTV send out new cards to use?

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 704
yes....yes for $20 each

Username: Bcborn

Post Number: 2
What is the general process here for someone starting a new activtion with additional subscriptions? The person starting the new activation would have to buy a system as they do not have as system but we (3 of his friends)have non activated systems with cards.

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
ALL DTV hardware (receivers,cards,cables,switches,roof dish etc) for up to 5 rooms, and installation is FREE for a new subscriber who has NEVER had an account with DTV..there is no "buying"...there is just a $5 per month fee for each receiver,AFTER the first free receiver..

so 5 receivers = U pay 4 receivers x $5 extra per month ($20)

Username: Johnnysamson

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 2
@ LGW, Hey if you need another guy to go on that DTV account with ya. Please let me know, i am very interested thanks, I am willing to pay.

Silver Member

Post Number: 722
Don't forget U must also pay for your subscription along with the additional receivers and taxes..

premium/platinum sub.......$90
assume 5 total receivers...$20
tax........................$10

total.......................$120 monthly

Divided by 5 people .....= $24 each person monthly

All PPV 's order ONLINE under account owners usermane and PW..everybody watches it...split that monthly too.each person picks 1 movie weekly...owner of sub gets 2 monthly and does NOT pay for his PPV's..so add $3.99 x 6 movies ($24)divided by 4 people (exclude the sub account owner)...so now bill is

$24 each per month...sub/taxes etc
$6 each excluding sub owner...PPV movies (6 pd by 4 ppl)

Total monthly bill including 6 PPV's = $30 per person (sub owner pays $24)

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 4
Yup a better reason for you to set it up and let me in on it.

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 5
I am willing to pay up to $50 a month, for your trouble, let me know, here is my email johnvoite@yahoo.com

WGA
Unregistered guest
Im also interested . alaniswg@hotmail.com but need more info.

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 6
Hey LGw, you should pass along your email and we can set this up

Silver Member

Post Number: 724
Do this with ONLY trusted friends or family...all it takes is 1 person to blow this for everybody...by either accidentally plugging in the phone line or NOT paying the monthly bill..

Silver Member

Post Number: 725
or blowing it by...getting pissed at U...or calling DTV if they have screen/receiver problem..

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 7
Where not that stupid, we know how it works, thanks though

Stupid_Does
Unregistered guest
Johnny, you are that stupid if you don't realize many neighbors are that stupid.

Silver Member

Post Number: 730
I take it that means U don't have children who could accidentally plug in the phone line...or U have never got pissed off at someone....or don't have a wifw who could accidentally plug phone in or not thinking and accidentally call DTV if she had TV problems...and U have a guaranteed for life job that guaranteees no layoffs and a monthly income..

90% of the time its a wife or children who "FORGET" and make these mistakes that ruin it for everybody..only 10% of the time its intentional!....so by TRUST, I mean in in many various ways..like someone U can forgive, if a wrong act, either accidentally or intentionally, occurs!

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 8
I have no children and the wife is not brain dead. So i have no problems here.

blabbblabbbb
Unregistered guest
okay...johnny...no problem for you, but how about the other 4 people you're sharing with? their mistakes and you're end up paying for it, how would you like that. shiiiiit always happen on anything and anywhere....good luck sharing sub.

DTV vs. FTA
Unregistered guest
HELL with sharing sub with DTV...it sounds good but it sucks. You have to pay for PPV, bummer. You have to pay for Sunday NFL package, real bummer. Whatelse do you have to pay on additional stuff, the list goes on and on, totally bummer.

Now with FTA and some knowledge of where to get new firmware and how to flash it, BAM! you're good to go. Software are free on the internet. If you're too damn lazy or stupid then you just have to pay extra for your shiiiit monthly.

A decent box costs you about $150 (like Fortec or Pansat) and add in extra $50 for the dish if you don't have one. Roughtly about $200 or so for the whole system, if you know how to shop. After that search the web for satellite angle setup in your area. Instruction is very clear with images, you can't go wrong with that.

When it's all set and done. You'll get all the movie channels like HBOs, MAXs, SHOWs, DISs, STARZs, etc..., plus PPV, PLYB, Adultz channels on top of it. Man, I be tired of hitting the next button on the remote for movie channels. For NFL on Sunday...hahahah...I can see all the games by tunning in there local channels of where they playing at. It's just not as good as NFL package with no commercial. But I don't have to pay extra for it though.

Sharing a sub w/6 people cost you roughly $30/m = 360/y

FTA cost you about 200-250 at one time.
Let say $250/y = 20.83/m
If $200/y = 16.66/m

I rest my case.

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 9
Ya better than paying $70 for cable or more for bell. I still have a fta, but it is still nothing compared to DTV. I would rather pay than have this fta. Just my opinion anyway

Silver Member

Post Number: 736
DTV is a sure thing!...FTA is a HOBBY with NO guarantees of TV...most FTA hobbyists also subscribe to some satellite TV system..

DTV sucks
Unregistered guest
FTA is here to stay, the code changes will likely to happen and force people to download and update their system's firmware. That's just a ball they play within Dishnet. Dishnet is playing game with two different faces, the bad and the good. I have don't to go to details on this, I let yall figure it out. For sure, DTV is a sure monthly pay sub thing. Pay for PPV, pay for Football packages, Hockey, NBA, all kind of shiiiiit, and not having international channels...hahahah...yah better than FTA...whatever yall say.

I will always stay with FTA cause I know the real scope of how it works....and it saved me much much money for more than what i can get.

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
Most people are not worried about a cheap measley $30 a month to ensure their families ALWAYS have TV with every channel including 6 PPV's a month....others are and would rather blow $250 on nose candy..everybody has their own priorities!..the families happiness and entertainment outweighs most individuals personal interests or hobbies..

FTA is not for Free Tv for me...its a simple PT hobby...just like fishing or golfing..to each their own..

F DTV
Unregistered guest
FTA is not free when you're refering of equipments, but it's free when you've that signal cracked open. FTA is not a hobby. It's a way of saving money watching free TV channels from DTV or CableTV without draining your pockets. You don't have to share it with anyone either. No protential of interfering of friendship relationship for any accidental causes. Paying CableTV or DTV subscription is just feeding the rich. So to ensure their families always have TV, then you're surely ALWAYS pay more then what you have to pay for.

Peoria, Il Usa

Post Number: 10
Thill is right it is a hobby, i wish i could subscribe badly to DTV. Also a little off topic. Did you guys here about a town is the US that changed its name to Dish, For this dishnet is giving them all free dishnet for the next ten years. Pretty sweet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us