Samsung 4674W lights started blinking

Bronze Member
Username: Russtri

Post Number: 20
Last night I turned on my Sammy, which is seldomly used and it turned on with no picture. The round circle in front of the tv which has three lights the one with lamp started blinking. Several minutes later they all three lit up. They then went off and all three lit up again. So I went ahead and unplugged the tv and replugged it back in and the tv then fired up with a picture. Is their any worries that I should have? My set is still under extended warranty with Mack.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 442
It's a lamp failure indication.
The electrodes have melted back making the gap between them greater. The ballast is beginning to have difficulty firing the lamp up. Since you bought a consumable lamp projector you should have a spare on hand. If not, get one ordered. Lamps are not usually covererd by extended warranties. If you get it fired up again, run it 24/7 until your new lamp arrives. It doesn't hurt anything and you won't be without a picture while you're waiting. Sometimes unplugging works as it has for you already. Sometimes slapping the lamp door during power-up will fire it. You may get a few weeks or even months out of it if you don't power off.

Part Number: BP96-00224J
Division: TV
Description: LAMP ASSY./ PHILIPS
Stock Availability: In-Stock
Price: $199.99

http://www.samsungparts.com

Bronze Member
Username: Russtri

Post Number: 21
I turned the DLP on last night and it worked fine. This set has had minimal use so I don't know how the bulb could already be bad. I use the set which is less then a year old, on the average of 2-3 hours a week and thats it. I will call Samsung today and find out what they think it could be. Thank god I have extended warranty on the bulb as well. Let me know your thoughts...

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 444
If it's less than 1 year old then Samsung will replace the lamp at no charge.

Age has nothing to do with the life of a light bulb. Many factors can cause the lamp to fail in a few hundred hours rather than a few thousand. A few of these are improper on/off cycles, power outage not allowing the cooling fan to properly cool the lamp, damage during shipping can shorten the life, manufacturer defects, movement of the set while the lamp is hot, defective or dirty fan, etc.

You may have just had a glitch of the ballast. Unless the condition is chronic I wouldn't worry about it. If it continues to happen call 1-800-SAMSUNG, prompts 2, 1, 3, 1, and let them schedule a tech to replace it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us