Technologically Challenged Individual Needs Help

Username: Rs2ndwife

Post Number: 1
I am about to inherit a projector and screen for my den. The room is already wired for surround sound, but the speaker wires end in a cabinet where I currently keep my stereo components. The projector and DVD player will need to be centrally located in the room, about 15 feet away from the receiver. Is there anyway to send the audio signal to the receiver via a wireless router? Or am I looking at rewiring my speakers, thus enjoying yards of speaker wire running across my hard wood floors? I know, I know - such a "girly" question! Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 169
Your best bet would be to leave the DVD player near the receiver and just run one video cable to the projector. You don't say why the DVD player needs to be in the middle of the room. Depending on the setup of the room, it may be possible to run the video cable under the floor, in a wall, or in the ceiling. If you go that route, you may want to bring in an electrician or HT installer for that.

Username: Rs2ndwife

Post Number: 2
Thank you! That will do the trick!

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 172
The only problem you MAY have is a slight lip-sync problem between the audio and video. Many newer receivers offer an adjustment for this. There are also some separate units that can provide an audio delay if needed, but unless you have to run a VERY long video cable to get it to the projector (>50') the lip-sync issue should be minor if it manifests itself at all. My video cables to my projector are 35', and I use a ~60ms delay, but even without the delay the problem was barely noticeable, and my DVD player does a good amount of video processing (upconversion to 720p).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us