How to get surround sound with component cables

Username: Richierichdolla

Post Number: 8
I have my tv hook up with component cables. But I cant get sound out of the stero I hear it on the tv. Every othere input that I use I am Able to hear it on my stero but not my cable box or my VGA input to my computer. Whats the deal.

Bronze Member
Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 35
Component cables carry the video signals only, not the sound.

Praetorian
Unregistered guest
Which does not really help him... O_o I will try to make this simple, since I do not know your problem exactly without more detail, and you do seem a touch confused as to what ea cable does. First off, if you are getting sound out of your T.V, then you have some kind of sound cabling connected to it. Most likely these are RCA cords, as I have not found a TV with fibre optic! :-P You have to remove the red/white cords from the back of your TV and plug them into an input on you receiver, this wil get you the basic sound. However, if you want 5.1 surround (which if you have a stero receiver you prolly have a 5 speaker system) you will need to use the fiblre optc inputs.

Username: Richierichdolla

Post Number: 9
Thanks I got it working I had to use the other audio plug ins on the cable box and plugged it straight into the stero. So now I can have either surround sound or audio straight from the tv. I sorry about the componet thing I forgot I had to hook up audio cable seperate and didnt mention that I already did that part. Thanks anyway tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us