Help with Connection

Username: Jan21

Post Number: 1
Just purchased an Insignia DVD Recorder and am having trouble connecting the TV to the cable box to the DVD recorder. Would appreciate any input, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1856
Connect the cable box to the recorder with s-video or RCA cables, and set the recorder on whatever input you used. Connect the recorder to the TV with, in order of preference, component cables, s-video, RCA cables. Then set the TV on whatever input you used. If using component or s-video, you still need RCAs for audio.

Username: Dakota05

Post Number: 1
I too just bought a DVD-R120 Samsung along with a Sony Wega HD TV. The cables from the DVD are connected to HD/DVD on back of the TV. The TV is also connected to a cable box and the box is connected to a VCR. My problem is that when I go the the Video 5 screen on the TV, it shows 'no signal'. I disconnected the cable from the VCR and then connected it to the DVD, but I still receive 'no signal. In addition, I put a disc in the player and didn't have sound. This is my first DVD and Im at my wits end. Can u help me?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1895
Connect the DVD to the TV with the triple component cables for video and the 2 RCAs for audio. Use the progressive scan on the DVD for better quality video. Connect the box to the recorder with s-video or RCA cables and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If using s-video, preferable, you still need RCAs for audio.

Unregistered guest
I have purchased the insignia DVD recorder/vcr combo and am trying to connect it to a television and my Bose stereo system. The TV has a million input positions and I am just lost. The cable system does not have a box, so that everything runs throught the TV, not a cable box. I have tried several connections, but cannot get the TV or DVD to play through the audio on the Bose. Help!!

Yorkie
Unregistered guest
Please help. I am new to all this stuff so bear with me.
I am having trouble hearing my audio on both TV speakers when I want to record a VCR tape to my DVD recorder. I hear both speakers on the right and left on the VCR imput channel but when I go to Video 1 (DVD imput) and record off the VCR, I only hear the right speaker on the TV during DVD playback. (all equipment is Sony brand and brand new) TV is HD. I do have the split Y wire to the two left and right plugs for audio and have the output(back of VCR) and imput (in on front of DVD recorder)for the yellow (video) and audio R&L plugs. It's an old plug, red and black but I do plug in the red one to the red jack. The VCR is new and has stereo selected in the audio setup. Why is this happening? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

rosendo
Unregistered guest
i have a cable box and a vcr hooked up and they both work and i want to install a dvd player but i need help.

Unregistered guest
I just installed insignia on our Tv and everything is working but when I playback something I have recorded, the recording timer appears on the top left of the screen. How can I get rid of it ? I've looked everywhere on all menus, setup and edit sub menus and basically punch every possible button on the remote but to no avail....help anyone ?

sherchat
Unregistered guest
Sofee - you can turn off that timer by using the OSD button on the bottom right of your remote - you may need to push a few times as it has 4-5 views that it will show..

Bruce Robinson
Unregistered guest
I bought an Insignia DVD recorder, and connected it to our Motorola DVR via a s-video cable. I connected the DVD to my TV set.

The video signal passes through the DVD recorder fine and is visible on the TV set. But after I insert a DVD disk, set up recording parameters, and press the record button, I get a "recording prohibited" error message and no recording is made.

Same error messages when I ran through the first 30 cable channels and on a half-dozen programs recorded on the DVR.

What now?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us