27 inch JVC Help

Unregistered guest
Hi All,

I have a 14 month old 27 inch flat tube JVC television that has recently started having problems. All of the sudden the picture is "stretched" horizontally. The picture seems to big for the screen. I went to a repair shop and they quoted me $200 without even looking at it. Does anyone have any advice for home repair? Thanks so much!

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 84
"I have a 14 month old 27 inch flat tube JVC television that has recently started having problems. All of the sudden the picture is "stretched" horizontally. The picture seems to big for the screen. I went to a repair shop and they quoted me $200 without even looking at it. Does anyone have any advice for home repair? Thanks so much!"

Unfortunately, no.

If the set requires circuit level work, you should let a trained and experienced technician diagnose and repair the television. If you don't know what you're doing, you could damage the set or possibly even injure yourself.

Second to a microwave oven, a television set can be a dangerous appliance to attempt repairs. There's a reason why it has warnings printed on it like, "No user serviceable parts inside. Do not open!"

But, shop around for other repair shops. You may be able to find one that offers free estimates. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us