Advice PLEASE??!!

Username: Pait

Post Number: 2
I am sick of all the days & hours I spent looking on the net for the best TV. I have read soooo many reviews & articles and my head is spinning.
I just want to find a good long-lasting CRT Flat screen TV.
Thinking of either going for Sony, Toshiba, JVC or Philips???!!!!!
Any thoughts or personnal experience with any of these brands would be GREATLY appreciated.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1846
Of the brands listed, JVC has the best track record for long lasting. Philips is garbage. Sony's reliability isn't very good, especially for the price. Toshiba has always been mediocre at best.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 2157
so JVC it is

Anonymous

I recently bought a JVC 32 inch AV-32SF36 at BJS towards the end of October. Got it home and opened the box and the left top corner of the case on the side of the screen was indented for about 3 inches long, looks like something happened during the molding process so I took it back and got another. This 2nd tv had a problem with the right side of the screen. When you had a white scene the right side was yellow and the same with white letters across the screen the right side was yellow. This did it with television and also dvd. Also faces would be darker on that side. Seemed different from a degauze issue as I have seen them in the past. I have seen a display in a different store with the same problem. So I decided the next tv would not be a JVC.

I have talked to three local mom and pop stores that have been in business for a long time that service tvs and also sell them and they all sell Toshiba and others and they say Toshiba have been very good and that if they had a lot of problems with them they would not sell them. They were unaware that Orion had been building the sets for Toshiba but did say they have not seen a rise in problems since 2004 which is the date that Orion was supposedly contracted to do the crts for Toshiba.

I am also uncomfortable with Sony, I hate the big bulky case and I have also heard Sony tvs have a lot of problems and although it is hard to coax any brightness out of the XBR models the analog set does seem to have a very bright picture and although you can adjust it out it seems that by the time you do enough to accomplish that you have to live with other tradeoffs. At least that is what I found with the one I was able to play with for a while in the store.

I have an older Panasonic Superflat but do not like the newer Panasonic sets so that leaves Toshiba as the remaining choice I would consider. I have to admit the Orion talk has meade me hesitant to buy them also. I also don!t like that you don!t have the ability to do anything except channel and volume without the remote and you can!t adjust the color temp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us