Help with 121.0°W please!!!

condoguy
Unregistered guest
I was told that i need a 33' inch dish to get programming? Is this true? I don't have a 33'inch dish but a 18'inch dish and would like to know if it would work? Second, can i use a dishnetwork receiver to find the signal for 121.0°W??

Anonymous

no clue bud!

dssjunkie
Unregistered guest
NO! YES! and YES!

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 536
You can use a 33" dish (you don't necessarily HAVE to, but you can), one advantage to using a larger dish is you'd get a better reception.

condoguy
Unregistered guest
Why or what are the 33' dishes for then? Thanks for all the help by the way. I really appreciate it!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
@condoguy

Usually 30+ inch dishes are used for FTA to pick up weak birds.

condoguy
Unregistered guest
If i have a 18'inch dish connecting to a DN reciever and i'm moving my dish around will the receiver tell me what sat i'm pointed at (ie. 110/119/121/61.5/148 and others??) and what's the signal strenght??

Username: As400

Post Number: 2
Hello - I have a similar problem here guys. I'm trying to pick up international DN channels on Echo 9 @ 121.0W - I've calculated the elevation and azymuth per my geographic location and pointed my directv single LNB dish to what I believe is Echo 9. I have great signal and quality levels but I don't see any of the channels listed on LyngSat Echo 9 page. I've spent an hour moving the dish little by little to see if that changed anything but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong? Receiver is a Pansat 2700A.

Upload

Post Number: 4
Anyone please?

Silver Member

Post Number: 556
@IBM

On your receiver did you set the lnb freq. to 10750? and are you using any switches or do you have the coax directly going into the box?

Post Number: 5
I have a direct cox cable. LNB is set to Universal 1... I believe 10600? ECHO 9. Should it be only Standard LNB 10720 Local Freq?

Post Number: 6
maybe dn local freq lnb should be 11250?

Silver Member

Post Number: 557
@IBM

11250 is used only for 110 and 119, 121 uses 10750 lo freq.

What type of lnb do you have?

Post Number: 7
a directv single LNB

Silver Member

Post Number: 560
@IBM

There's your problem, you'd need a linear lnb to catch that bird.

Post Number: 8
where will I find one? DN dishes come with the linear LNB?

lbnj2000
Unregistered guest
@IBM
You can get both Echo 7 and Echo 9 with an 18" DTV dish and one LNB. Settings:

Echo 7
LNB type Standard
LNB localFreq 11250
22kHz Off
DiSeqC #1 ?
Skew 0
TP (1)12223 V20.000
Positioner
Scan

Echo 9
LNB type Standard
LNB localFreq 10750
22kHz OFF
DiSeqC #1 ?
Skew 0
TP (1)11724 V20.000
Positioner
Scan

With one 18" dish and two LNBs you can get Echo 7,9 and 8.6
I hope this helps.

Post Number: 9
That's good new lbnj2000. Thank you.
What degree should I use to calculate the position of the dish now?
119W or 121W ?
It is at the moment pointed to a direction based on 121.0W degrees.
Thanks

lbnj2000
Unregistered guest
@IBM
Set it up for 119W for Echo7 and then do a blind scan for Echo9 and if you piggyback a second LNB to that you can get Echo 8/6.

Post Number: 10
roger... I will set the dish to 119 degrees
blind scan echo 9
scan echo 7 too ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
@lbnj2000

You're joking right? Yes you can catch 121 and SOME channels from 119 or vise versa, because they're just a few degrees away from each other, BUT you won't be able to view ALL channels from both birds at the same time.

@IBM

Unless you have a universal lnb, which I don't think you have, you'll NEED a linear to get 121.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
My LNB says:
'Compatible with Directv Multi-satellite
Directv para todos
Directv dish antennas'

Does this help identify it?

Upload

lbnj2000
Unregistered guest
@h3lt3r_sk3lt3r
No, I am serious. I get 432 channels from Echo7 and Echo 6/8, and when I scan for Echo 9 I get another 272 channels but most of them are repeat.
Try it!

Echo 9
LNB type Standard
LNB localFreq 10750
22kHz OFF
DiSeqC #1 (same as Echo7)
Skew 0
TP (1)11724 V20.000
Positioner
Scan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
lbnj2000 something isn't clear to me yet.
Do I blind scan both Echo9 and Echo7 or just Echo9? Please.

lbnj2000
Unregistered guest
@IBM
First set it up for Echo7 make sure it is working. The signal level and quality should be 70 or better. If you don't have a good channel list then do a blind scan and also repeat it for Echo9 with the above frequency setting.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 648
IBM..thats a DTV single LNB with 2 outputs circular LNB,its the wrong one!...its ONLY good for 1 dishnet satellite like the 110 or 119 and going to 2 receivers....U are mixing apples and oranges unless U use a UNIVERSAL LNB and U need 2 LNB for BOTH the 119 AND 121 satellites..or USE the 1 circular that U already have and tie a 2nd UNIVERSAL LNB attached to it, then to a disque switch,then your receivers..

1 single LNB= 1 satellite (U might get some limited channels of each 119 and 121 since they are so close but not ALL of each bird..

2 LNB (twin)= 2 satellites...ex: 119 and 121 or 110 and 119

Yes U MUST scan each satellite U LNB's on dissh are aimed/aligned at..

READ this link about LNB's and dishes and switches..[link removed]

Now READ this link about circular and Linear LNB's..Very IMPORTANT!...the 121 (Echo 9) is linear...110 0r 119 dishnet are circular LNB's with have much different polarity and higher frequency range than linear..[link removed]

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
much appreciated thrill

Silver Member

Post Number: 651
its NOT thrill..its thill1951

dssjunkie
Unregistered guest
LOL!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 564
LAZY!!! that's all I have to say.

And lbnj2000 in moderated forums they delete users like you for misleading others.

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 90
Hey thill1951, you have expounded many times on the intelligence, or lack of, help seekers(lazy bums, who won`t read), and now you expect them to SPELL as well? Hey, I am a staunch supporter, don`t get me wrong, and your message to READ is very perfunctory, but, hey cut `em some slack, ok, my friend? I know I have taken a liberty calling you "friend" perhaps that`s due to the respect I have for you, but anyhow, I`ll shut the fahq-up and have my last beer, cheers!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
thill1951
I appreciate your help and excuse me for misspelling your screen name. I'm READING everything I can about LNBs and etc... this website / FORUM was the 1st thing I found about FTA and related subjects. I feel that is wrong from anyone to assume people actually read about everything they can possibly learn about a subject before posting any relevant question. I have done my homework and this is the 1st or 2nd time I ask anything here. No further questions at the moment. Hope I can help people like you guys in the future. If you need any help with telecom switching and voice over IP I can help you without telling to READ 1st... no issues here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 669
Unfortunately this is a hobby that has NO library books and the ONLY way someone can learn is reading the forums threads and the How to guides,then sask questions....If they don't read FIRST,then they have no clue how to even ask a legitimate intelligent question!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
and I agree with you 100% thill1951 - updates from my end...
Got myself a DISH500 dish set complete with duo LNBs... is there now a chance I can pick up the international channels from Echo 9? I have my receiver set:

Echo 9
LNB type Standard
LNB localFreq 10750
22kHz OFF
DiSeqC #1
Skew 0
TP (1)11724 V20.000
Positioner
Scan

I will try it tomorrow as it is quite late...
Regards!

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
the more I read the interesting this becomes... so I learned that as you said.. Echo-9 is linear but Echo7 is circuilar... I would need a linear LNB to get echo-9 packages. My DISH500 dish has two LNBFs but I dont know if one or both are linear... I have to assume that both are circular. Any way I can identify these LNBFs?
Thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 581
@IBM

They're both circular, because dish500 is used for 110 and 119. And it's probably a legacy twin (do you have a DP logo on the lnb casing?) which might not work with your FTA, unless you have a dishpro twin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
both say "Dish Digital LNBF"
and yes, I noticed after my last post theres a 110 and 119 sign engraved on the fork that holds each LNB. So you're right, they are for 110 and 119 sats and therefore both are circular LNB. I picked up this dish from a friend neighbour whom was about to trash it. Good deal, I see myself buying a linear LNB now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
is this a good linear LNB for what I want?

http://cgi.ebay.c*om/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5829608043%26%26

Silver Member

Post Number: 586
@IBM

Page doesn't work, dude any linear lnb would work with 121, it's a pretty strong bird, I've had it working before with the cheapest linear lnb I could find.

Silver Member

Post Number: 695
If U have a TWIN legacy (not dual)then its meant for dishnetwork receivers,NOT FTA..sounds like a TWIN legacy for dishnet receivers to me,if the 2 LNB's are joined together onto 1 unit and do NOT have a "DP" label on them..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
h3lt3r_sk3lt3r thanks - will get me a linear
thill1951 the LNBs aren't joint together, is two independent LNBs but still, for 121W they wont help :-( ... as both are circular.

Thank you thill1951 and h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
FYI to those looking for info on 121W

148.0W (Echo 1/2) has similar international channels and perhaps I'm in luck... Echo1/2 is circular. So my circular DTV LNB will cut it.. I'm blind scanning that sat now... let's see.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
got all the intl channels on echo1/2 with circular lnb. Quality is not that hot as elevation turned out to be pretty low
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us