Philips 427320A & Samsung HP-R5012 Plasma TV choice

Anonymous

SamsClub has good price on the Philips 42" (Model 7320A at $1999) and the Samsung 50" (HP-R5012 at $3278).

Does anybody have any comments & feedback on these two models? Both have HDTV tuners built in.

Would appreciate any input before I make my decision in next two weeks.

Anonymous

You might want to check out the Samsung HP-R5052 before you buy any. It's a newer 50" plasma than the HP-R5012 and you can buy it online for $2,837.00 (+ shipping) at RapidPlasma - http://www.rapidplasma.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=379

Bronze Member
Username: Wabkab

Post Number: 24
Actually the 5012 is the same new generation as the 5052. It has a slightly different external configuration and a couple of less features. You can compare them on the Samsung site. Same glass, contrast ratio, etc. For the real deal, check out the Vizio 50" @ Costco. Even better price and arguably a better set.

Username: Mark293

Post Number: 10
hey tony
where do you see the vizio on the costco site?

Bronze Member
Username: Wabkab

Post Number: 25
It is never on the site, just kept in the stores. Try the Vizio website to look at it or there is a review with video clip on Cnet.com. I think the vizio website is Vinc.com.

Ulrich
Unregistered guest
I was tempted by the Vizio at CostCo but the PlazmaReview site slammed Vizio in general pretty good. So that has got me thinking more about a bigger name brand. Any comments Tony?

lespaulcustom
Unregistered guest
The Vizio are not better sets. I just got back from SamsClub and ALL the Vizio's I looked at were 'yellow' in comparision the Sony's and Samsungs. Vizio defintely uses inferior components which is why they sets are cheaper when compared to other sets in the same inch category.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us