Stupid things the Panasonic DMR-E85H TV Guide screen does

Username: Scm2000

Post Number: 3
I enabled the tv guide the other night, using an IR Blaster to control my cable box.
Over night it picked up the channel lineup, but no data for the channels yet. So far so good.
I thought I'd try out the listings anyways.
The first thing it does that is abnormal is that as you scroll down through the listings it attempts to tune in to the channels as you pass by them. I would rather it did not do that, I'd much rather watch the PIP of the current channel I was watching while I read the listings for the other channels.
Because it does that stupid thing, it leads to a race condition that gets its idea of the channel out of sync with the cable box's actual channel.
What it does is that when you stop on a channel and then press enter it tunes to that channel. Ok, that is probably a good thing but combine it with the flipping throough the channels that it does and guess what happens. Suppose I scroll down to channel 13 and press enter quickly. Well it sends out a 1 3 for scrollling to it and then another 1 3 for the enter, so my cable box gets a request for channel 1313! That just causes my cable box to put up question marks and then stay on the last valid channel it was on which by the way is NOT 13.

The next dumb thing is there does not seem to be a way to sort the channels by channel number and there does not seem to be a way to just see the number in the listing until you scroll to them.

The next thing is that once you scroll down a hundred channels in the listing you can not get to the sort tab with out either, scrolling up (very slowly) a hundred channels to the top bar, or exiting tv guide and re-entering it.

The other thing that happens is that without the guide I used to have 3 inputs, "main" which tuned off the RF cable, L1 and L3, Now even though I have the cable box comming in on L3, when I tune to a channel, it says "main" in the status box and it switches the channel on the cable box. I assume that means I have no way to get to the RF signal any more.
I have not tried pressing input select to see what happens, I was in a hurry last night.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us