27" TruFlat RCA Question

Username: Pinmationbuddy

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if anyone else out there has an RCA 27" TruFlat model # 27F520T. My family has owned RCA TV's for decades, we currently own 4 and this is the first one to ever have a problem.

I bought the TV from KMart in August of 2005. The picture of the TV seems to "shake" or "vibrate" a little bit...you can only detect this when viewing a "pure" source like a DVD or a Video game (cable is too distorted). If you look at words, or solid lines--anything that is stationary on the screen, the object seems to shake or vibrate just a little. Not enough to be a problem, but at nearly $300 it's definitely an unwanted annoyance. Does anyone else have this problem?

RCA has offered to send in-house repair men to fix the problem, but is this really a problem? Is everyone else's TV just like mine and I'm too picky, or does everyone else have a perfect picture?

If you've had this problem and fixed it, was it worth the fix?

Thanks for your help....
How much could I get for this with it's box, receipt, and manuals at a Pawn Show? Kmart won't take it back...

Post Number: 2
anyone?

Post Number: 3
I just got my TV back from the repair shop but they can't find the problem. I have it hooked up simulateously with an old 19" TV and the difference is amazing... the new TV sucks. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 277
It's probably because it's an RCA.

I'm sorry to say this but it may be time to switch allegiances. Your family has owned RCA for decades, so it's likely that you've enjoyed sets that were produced by RCA when they were still a major corporation and actually made decent products.

RCA has ceased being a seperate entity since 1986 when they were acquired by General Electric. GE would then take apart RCA and sell the record business to Bertlesmann Music Group (German) and sell the electronics business to Thomson (French). GE would keep NBC as the only remaining portion of RCA left under American ownership.

Thomson, quite simply, does not produce quality electronics as evidenced by the rather high failure rate of their products, especially their televisions. And, their TVs are sold under RCA and GE brands.

I'd recommend that you switch from RCA to Sony. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us