Samsung HLP series versus HLR series

Username: Rmullette

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Samsung HLR 5067w and when I went to register it I realised that they had shipped me a HLP 5067w. I called the dealer and was informed that the "R" model was replaced by the "P" model so I was getting a good deal. I think the HLP model is the older of the 2, after all, "P" preceeds "R". Does anyone know the differences between the two??? Am i getting the shaft here? It has a great picture and I love it but it is not what I bought. Thanks for your help. Roger

Anonymous

Roger,

Unless something has changed that I am not aware of, the HLP models are the older, 2004 models. I would definitely make a stink about it. I am sure the HLR models cost more. The dealer is probably trying to sell you a 2004 model TV at the 2005 model price.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 434
You are correct! The dealer gave you a 2004 model. It's not the same set at all. It has a generation 3 light engine, 1500.1 contrast, and a slower DMD chip. It's considered to be a quality improvement of their HLP5063 model of that year. It's a nice set, but if you paid more than $1400 for it you were taken.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=6691464&search=HLP5067

The "R" has a 5th generation light engine, 2500.1 contrast ratio, air bearing color wheel, and the improved DMD chip.

Unregistered guest
Hey Roger,

Please tell me who you purchased that through as I am currently thinking of buying a HLR4677W and don't want to get taken.

That said please give me an idea of what you had to pay and (if you have recieved the correct unit) what you think about it's quality especially in low light scenes as I have read that DLP doesn't do well in low light. Please send the reply to my e mail.

Thanks,
Odis
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us