Sony RDR-GX315 "Chasing Playback"

Username: Alfi

Post Number: 1
Got this one as a present, and I was hoping that it does have "Chasing Playback". The manual does not indicate this feature, but checking specs online I found few website selling this thing with "chasing Playback" mantioned in the specs.

Does anybody have an idea if this machine can do it? and how?

Really appreciate any help I can get...

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1827
If you are using DVD-RW discs, it has to be recording in VR mode, which makes the discs non compatible with players. I've never used + discs, so I don't know about them. When you format the DVD-RW disc it will have a video mode or VR mode option if the recorder does VR. Format it in VR, then after starting the recording you can just press play and start from the beginning. It has to record for a minute or so before it will play.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your post. I do use the -RW and I have formatted these in the VR mode. However, when I press the Play button nothing seems to happen. I'll give it another try tonight and wait more than a minute into the recording as you suggested, since I think that I was trying to press play right after I started recording.

Cheers,

Bronze Member
Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 34
Hi Alfred,

I have GX300 and if they're same for this function, if you want to play the same program which is being recorded, press TOOLS and select Chasing Playback. If you want to play another title which was recorded previously, while recording, press TITLE LIST, select the title, press ENTER and select PLAY.

Post Number: 4
Unfortunately, after reading the manual for the GX300 the option for chasing feedback is not under the GX315 tools menu (go figure.... a later model with less functions)
Anyway, I think I'm out of luck.... I did press play 10min into recording a show and nothing happens, so David's suggestion did not work with this model. Too bad that there is a VR mode in this machine but it is only good for "direct disk editing"

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1837
I read in another forum that the new Sony recorders are Samsung. I don't know if that's true, but if so that's probably why it doesn't do it and the older ones do.

Username: Blackhorse6

Post Number: 1
I put a recorded dvd+RW disc into my Sony rdr gx315. It will not eject. When I press "open" it starts to sound like it is preparing to eject...however, the message on the dvd screen shifts to "load".

dvd will not eject. Itried turning unplugging, replugging but same result.

What the heck is going on??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us