Dell LCD TV: horizontal distortion that appears on fast action scenes

Anonymous

Hello, I wonder if anyone else has had experience with my problem. I have a Dell W3000 LCD TV that is about 1 year old. The unit was basically problem-free until a month ago. I started to notice a horizontal distortion that appears on fast action scenes: it is a sort of darkened area, in the shape of a bar, that stretches from one side of the screen to the other. It's about two inches below the top of the screen & more noticable on the left side of the display. It only happens when the unit has been on for a few hours. It's most noticable when the camera pans up or down against a light surface.

Originally, I thought this had coincided with an occasion when I left the unit on (displaying the same image) for 48 hours or so. But the darkened area does not share any shapes from the image that was displayed (a DVD menu).

Here's how you can help: any other LCD TV owners seen degradation of picture quality with older units? I just want to understand this problem. I have the option of returning the unit to Dell (for another month, anyway), but since they will be sending a refurbished unit back, I'm not really sure the replacement will be better than this one. In any case, if this is a normal condition for older units, I'll just be in the same position a year from now.

Help me out with a little persective if you can.

Thanks,
Blake
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us