HL-R4266W - new DLP xbox question

Username: Duckmanco

Post Number: 1
Hey all, I know this type of question has been posted before, but it seemed to pertain to older Sammy DLP models. I have the HL-R4266W manufac. in Aug. 2005. I love this TV, I hooked my xbox up to it (with the component video high-def pack, set all setting to HD), and all of a sudden I suck at HALO2. I then decided to switch it back to my old CRT 27" Philips with only component video in, and I was better once again. I cant say I notice any sort of delay effect, but how subtle or not subtle is the DLP delay effect? Would I notice it if I have it, does this problem plaugue even this newer TV? Would Samsung do anything about it? The TV still within warranty.... help me guys, I hate the idea of buying a nice TV and not being able to take full advantage of it.

Anonymous

If it's happening you will definitely notice it.
It's not subtle. Reports of game delay have been rarely reported with the "R" series. I saw one post a while back, but it was the PS2 on an RCA single composite conection.
Samsung won't do anything, but deny it's existance. I didn't by my HDTV for gaming, so, your idea of full advantage and mine are different.

Username: Duckmanco

Post Number: 2
thanks for the reply. I am watching HDTV on it as well, and I just wanted to take full advantage of HALO2 running at 480p. I am hoping sucking at HALO2 was a fluke and will be hooking it up to the Sammy once again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us