Help with 2002 Panasoniv TV....

Anonymous

Hi Folks,

We have a 2002 Panasonic PVQ-2012 19" TV/VCR combo. It's worked great for years, and recently stopped.

I took the back off, and found a small fuse blown near the BNC input. It's rated at 4 amps, 125 volts, 5x20 GMA type fueses. I went to Radio Shack and bought a 4 pack.

I managed to blow all 4 fuses just trying to turn the tv on. Would anyone have an idea what might be causing all my fuses to blow? I wonder if I bought the right kind of fuse for a tv. Did I simply buy an under powered fuse? Can I buy a higher rated fuse to get it to stay on longer, or could this be a more serious problem?

I'd love to still use this tv. It's not very old and has a great picture. If you think it's safe to try a higher rather fuse, any suggestions which I should try?

Any ideas, comments or suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks,
Aves

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1810
A different fuse won't do any good and may just do more damage. It may be the switching transistor, though they usually last longer than that. Unless you have experience with switching power supplies, there's nothing you can do.

Username: Avespdx

Post Number: 1
Thanks. Well, that sucks. 3 year old tv... damn. It had a great picture too.

I'd be willing to try and do on my end. Is there away to identify the 'switching transitor'?

cheers,
aves
avespdx@gmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1811
It's between where the power comes in and the transformer, there's probably a heat sink on it. They aren't very expensive, shipping is probably more than the transistor. That may or may not be the problem though.

Username: Avespdx

Post Number: 2
thanks. sure wish it had been the fuse. :-)

i'll tinker some.

cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us