Panasonic DMR-E85H drops programmed recordings

hmk77
Unregistered guest
Have had problems with recording programs through TVGuide. Mostly no problems, but every once in a while, or past two Thursdays, it drops the programs scheduled. Twice it has started recording program after it was halfway finished.
The Program Guide said everything was set before I left, and there was no power outage.

Like I said, doesn't happen a lot, but enough to cheese me off.

Anyone else?

Anonymous

yeah...have had the same problem.....also on thursdays along with other days of the week....I also have had it resetting frequently...all by itself...don't know what that is about.

Unregistered guest
What could be happening is that the TV guide (epg) is changing the program title before your program comes on. The DVR then doesn't think your program is on so it doesn't record it. For the one that starts in the middle, the DVR probably got updated program title information during the program which the DVR saw was a program you wanted to record. The only way to avoid this for sure is to set up a timer program based on time not program information. To do this on the epg equipped DVRs, go to program check and use set timer (hit green button). Then you set up the timer recording like a vcr. Be aware that the program title will NOT be recorded with the actual program, only channel and time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us