Video games on Panasonic Plasma

Anonymous

Looking for input from owners of any of the recent Panasonic professional series plasma monitors.

I am looking at buying the TH50PHD7UY. It will primarily be used for video games. Sometimes for sessions as long as 12 hours. I have heard lots of people complaining about burn in. Any "professionals" I speak to say this is not a concern any more with plasma tv. One salesman tried to talk me out of a more expensive 70" DLP RPT and into a plasma saying it is better for gaming. No rainbow effect.

Any input from experience would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Cuylar

MN USA

Post Number: 41
HA! I have a Sony KDE-50xs955. YES IT WILL BURN IN. If you play the same game with the same static images (power bars, crosshairs, etc.) There will be a ghost. The sales people I talked to today Tried the same story with me too. Go DLP (you will be happier with sony's SXRD which displays at 1080p..... Look at one in a store and for god's sake don't let some one talk you into a plasma. Or better yet, have the salesman sign a contract stating that he/she will pay to replace your tv when it does get burned in if you do get a plasma.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us