Please help me connect DVD recorder thru Comcast DVR

Username: Peggypwr1

Post Number: 4
Hello everyone. Today I bought a Liteon LVW-5115 at Costco. I have a dual turner Motorola Comcast DVR. I want to connect the DVR thru the DVD recorder so I can archive the shows to DVD discs. Here is what I have done:

1) The RCA cables are connected to Video 3 (input) from my TV and connect to the DVD Recorder output.

2) From the DVD recorder: Another set of RCA cables are connected to the input of the DVD recorder and go to the output to the DVR.

3) The cable coming from the wall goes to the DVR's cable In.

4) Another cable from the DVD recorder (cable out) goes to the TV.

I turn on the TV, go to Video 3. The DVD reocder is at ch3. BUT, I get no picture. What am I doing wrong?
This is the exact same setup I had with my VCR and it worked fine. I was able to view the shows through the VCR and record them to tape if I needed to archive.

Thank you for your time.

Bronze Member
Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 31
I may be wrong but I suppose, there's something missing with this setup. I couldn't see an RF cable to be connected to RF IN of the DVD recorder. DVD recorder should get the RF signals to display/record.

Bronze Member
Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 32
Or, you should switch your DVD recorder to LINE to watch/record the signals from your DVR.

Username: Lotties

Hoffman Estates, Illinois

Post Number: 1
Have you solved the problem can you share with me i have a problem to set channels only 2 channels are showing other just snow.
i dont know what is the problem?

Username: Burbeos

Post Number: 1
Assuming your cables are hooked up correctly, your problem may be the cable box setup. Most "inexpensive" stand-alone DVD recorders can only handle 480i, but by default the Motorola 6415 DVR outputs at 1080i or p. To adjust this, use the remote that came with the Motorola box to turn it off. Now press the "Menu" button (don't hit power, as you'd expect), and the unit should start up with a grey setup screen. Change the "YPbPr Output" to 480i, power everything off, and try again. Worked for me, but I'm using a Magnavox Philips DVR with componant-in jacks-- very nice.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us