Proxima DP6850+...know anything about it?

Silver Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 129
I just bought a working Proxima DP6850+ off eBay ($324.00 Shipped, still waiting for it). Does anyone here use this projector and know anything about it? Was $324 a good deal or was I just had?

I will be using it for my freelance video production business (to show slide shows for weddings, church etc). But mostly I will use it for my home theater setup to watch movies and play PS2; HI def isn't a concern for me.

Thanks for any info!

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 166
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Proxima-DP6850+.htm

Looks like it will be ok for what you want it to do. But you should be aware of a few things... as a fairly early LCD projector, it's likely to exhibit pretty noticeable Screen Door Effect. Also, it does not have a built in video scaler to optimize the image. But for a few hundred bucks it should be fine, especially if you're planning to upgrade in a couple of years.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
Thanks for the info!

Yeah I wasn't expecting too much for a few hundred bucks but it'll do for what I want. Question; would an external composite to VGA scalar give me any better video quality or am I better off just going strait into the PJ via S-video?

Silver Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 167
You'll probably be better off just going straight with the S-Video... I don't think you'll see enough improvement to justify the cost of the scaler. Of course if you can find one cheap (or better yet, returnable) it would be worth trying.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
That answers my question.
Thanks for the input!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us