How can I copy Date/Time to DVD recorder using iLink interface

Username: Amindanial

Post Number: 3
Hi I have Sony DCR-HC42E and a DVD recorder Philips DVDR 615. How can I record Time/Date (data code) associated to my records on the DVDs using iLink (Firewire) without resorting to A/V cable. Are Time/Date information sent with video and audio signals? and if so why I did not see it on the screen of my TV when using iLink cable?When I transfer a movie to the DVD recorder the time and date that appear next to the movie icon in the menu of the generated DVD is the time of transferring the movie according to the calender of the DVD recorder. But, when I divide the the movie using the division feature in the DVD recorder the second part of the produced parts gets the correct time from the original movie,i.e. the original date and time recorded according to the camera calendar. It is ok for me to get the correct time next to the movie icon in the menu, but how can I get this without using division feature since it requires using a rewritable DVDs?

fx
Unregistered guest
1) You cannot
2) No
3) See #2
4) You cannot

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a Sony DCR-HC42E and I am having problems with saving videos from the tape onto the computer also how do you delete unwanted pieces/scenes, I would be very greatful if somebody could help!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us