Buzzing noise from Samsung LN-R408D (40" LCD HDTV)

Username: Jj9090

Post Number: 1
Hi, I just bought a new Samsung 40-inch LCD HDTV (model LN-R408D) and I notice that there is a quite noticeable buzzing noize whenever the unit is on, regardless of whether the sound is on or muted. The noise is coming from inside the unit. The only time when the noise goes away is when I have a game playing on the PlayStation2, the noise exists with all other inputs (inlcuding tv and dvd), but the noise also comes up during transitional screens on the PS2 games, such as when the screen goes black for a few seconds during level-changes or options changes within the PS2 games.

Please, any help on fixing this problem would be appreciated. The noise is driving me crazy.

Thanks!

Username: Jj9090

Post Number: 2
BTW, I had a service tech check out my unit last week and he says that this is normal and that most LCDs 40" and above have this problem. I think that his answer was total BS because I have carefully listened to many LCDs to see if such noises are made and I have yet to run into any (including others of the same model as mine) at any of the stores that I have visited.

articaine
Unregistered guest
dude, i just got the ln-r409d and it has a noticable buzz too. I had a 50" dlp and that thing was putting out a high pitched noise, i exchanged it for the lcd and the high pitch isn't there but a midtone buzz is present.
the bigger they are guess this happens. yeah total bullshit, it's not only samsung, but some japanese models too. what ever i'm over it. pissed.

martian
Unregistered guest
Have recently purchased a Panasonic TX32LXD500 32inch LCD set and am experiencing the same annoying buzz whenever the set is on. Noise seems to be most intense when picture is dark or very contrasty. Am awaiting visit from supplier to assess problem.

Unregistered guest
I have the same humming/mid-range buzzing with my one week old Toshiba 32" HD LCDTV. Best Buy tech says it is the cooling fan and I can bring it back. It gets worse as the backlighting is increased, to which the BEST Buy Guy said "exactly", the cooling fan. He said that he hasn't heard of any complaints on other brands. He says you shouldn't hear anything. Incidentally, I hear this buzz across the room. But I wonder whether this is just part of the technology, and some of us are more sensitive to it than others. I don't want to exchange it for another brand and end up with the same issue.

Username: Cernanec

Post Number: 1
We have a nearly 2 year old 50" Samsung DLP and we have a high pitch noise which comes and goes. It has done this since about 6 months after purchase. It is finally getting out of hand and so we called Best Buy (we purchased the service plan) and they said that it's the projector and that this is a VERY common problem. They will drop by our place on Thursday to fix it. So we'll see....

Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 5
I have a Vizio 37 inch LCD and it also has the buzz sound...it's usually a little more prevelant once the TV is first on...mines not really that loud though. If I had to guess, the buzz is normal.

Keith
Http://www.eHDMI.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us