Pansat 3500S

Username: Jeptik

Post Number: 2
Went to a dealer today enquiring about this receiver because as far as I am aware, this is the only FTA receiver that has component video outputs. I was told that he sold this to some people who complained that the component outputs donesn't work. Does anyone out there have a similar receiver and having the same problem or does anyone out there know of this happening?? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 188
To my knowledge they all work and there was no major recall, in fact I only use component instead of a coax, maybe it's just a select few.

Post Number: 4
Thanks. Should I assume that you currently have the 3500s? If so, what are your recommendations on this receiver.....better picture than the 2700a because of the component output??

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
I've got both, haven't really noticed much difference, although you might see a slight improvement on big screen tv's.

3500 has a faster processor more ram, faster blind scan and epg.

I would also suggest that you look at viewsat platinum, if you are considering getting your first fta receiver and money is not an issue, both receiver are in the $200 price range.

Post Number: 5
Thanks. I have an LCD 37" TV, hence the choice of the 3500S for the component output. I am hoping that if I get that receiver, the picture quality should be much better than the receivers without the component output. This will be my first FTA so I am still looking for advice as to what's good to get to ensure the best picture quality. P.S. I am in Canada....if that makes a difference to product availability....

Unregistered guest
HELP! Just set up my 3500s to satellite 101 DirTV and cant see any channels. All have $ (dollar) sign in front. Message comes up saying "scrambled or bad signal" but my signal is 99% quality. any suggestions? I am a newbie to FTA. The boot version is 7.0 HELP!

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
@crossracer

If you'd only have spent a few minutes reading you'd know that DTV is not hacked.

biggertv
Unregistered guest
i think the component video outputs are made for large screen tv's. you got to have a good resolution the bigger the tv.

blah blah
Unregistered guest
that's right, components output is best for those plasma or LCD. it yields better output than the RCA output on most receivers. But comparing to the s-video and components output just slice difference, since both are analog, because components yields higher output than s-video.

anyhow, if you have Plasma or LCD, better get receiver with components output. I owed a Pansat 3500S, it works great with my 37 Panasonic plasma HDTV.

There are two receivers that I know with components out. Dreambox 5500 & Pansat 3500s, but dreambox cost you about $400 and pansat around $200-250. If you pay more than that, you got ripped.

Post Number: 6
OK thanks for all the help on this guys.....

Just another question...how far ahead is the EPG on the 2700E and the 3500S. Is it a week ahead, an hour ahead, three hours ahead.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
@blah blah

What are you talking about?!? where do you get your information?

RCA IS Component, and almost ALL FTA receivers have it today. Another thing none of todays FTA boxes have an HDTV output so you can look at it all you want it still won't make it HDTV.

AND S-Video IS better than Component, because S-Video separates Y signal from C signal, luminance from chrominance, while the Component runs them both on one wire, hence the video degregation, ask anyone with a tv tuner and they'll tell you that S-Video has a sharper and clearer picture than the Component.

@Jai Kupchand

The epg is only 2 programs ahead at this point.

blah blah
Unregistered guest
h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

RCA is component but it doesn't yield quality the same as the true components out. I have test it myself with my plasma HDTV. components out yield much higher output next to HDMI out, which is the true digital out 1080p.

But i seen it with my own eyes with s-video and components. I have a Fortec Ultra Lifetime and Pansat 3500s, both have s-video output. Conclusion, I chose components 'cause it look sharper than s-video.

And can check information on components vs. s-video output on monstercable website to see which one is better output then which.

Neosum
Unregistered guest
Regular RCA (yellow, red, white) is called composite video.

Next is S-Video which is a bit better.

Best is component video (yellow, green, blue) is the same quality as dvi capable of 1080i.

Despite using component video, your picture quality will only be as good as the receiver can make it and your tv can receive it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
@blah blah

These so called 'true component/composite' or 'true RCA' cables which are advertised as 75 ohm are simply advertised as such, but are not existent (Canare RCAP comes close but is still not a true 75 ohm component plug), and as it is with any cabling, the shorter your cable the less image degregation you will get.

And I've persoanlly tested both on pansat 2500, 2700, 3500, c00lsat and viewsat using a 52 projection hdtv, a 34 plasma hdtv and ati's 9800xt aiw tuner and all of them show a better picture when used with S-Video.

Besides with a $15 RadioShack adapter you can turn any RCA input into what you call a 'true RCA' input.

I don't want this thing to grow into "he-said-she-said" BS, if composite suits you over s-video go right ahead, it's YOUR choice.

blah blah
Unregistered guest
h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

it seem like you're saying component is similar to RCA and it's not better than s-video. well whatever you say...and people out there can get confuse with you and i argument...let that be.

I do absolutely agreed with Neosum.
"Best is component video (yellow, green, blue) is the same quality as dvi capable of 1080i."

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 159
I also find S-Video is the best output with the Viewsat. It would be nice to see an FTA capable of HD someday. I heard the Dreambox was going to be coming out with one but nothing yet!

crossracer
Unregistered guest
@h3l3tr

which satellite should I turn the antenna to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
@crossracer

What do you want to watch?

Post Number: 7
Ok Guys, I think we are getting a little carried away here....like h3lt3r said, it's a personal choice..
So, here is my other question...on the 3500S, how far ahead is the program guide? Is it 1 hour, 3 hours, 1 day or more....can I see what going to be on a week from today?? Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
@Jai Kupchand

The epg is only 2 programs ahead at this point.

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 138
Hello, I will order a new pansat 3500, install the nag2 software with channel lists, and send to your home, ready to watch. check this out. if you need emails of previous people that have got my boxes, let me know.

[link removed]

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Upload

JUST LOVE MY KNE-GROW SPAM
Unregistered guest
-(h31t3r-sk31t3r-Do you blow these (31-4-skins)
and put them in a can of span!!!
-Be careful eating that sh*it I think its made
from Chimp sh*it chocking their chicken all over
Silly Thill-boy....ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
aaaahhhhhh Kneegs, gotta love that farm life right? :-)

Good luck with that.

P.S. Thanks for the comment, loving it.

P.S. ANYTHING FOR YOU 4-skin
Unregistered guest
Its ok ROTF because you are no my sh*it list...
I can send you some chimp sh*it to put in your
can of Spam me off....ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
Kneegs, can you no speaky english, you no sense making at all, I say to you thank you I is loving and you no listen to me?

MR.CHIMP
Unregistered guest
-4 skin-Its chimp english...What the fu@k do
you want nurse Cratchett only got us out of
swinging from tree top to tree top sh*iting
on Silly Thilly-boys head last week and this
is the first week for englee....ROTF So fu@k
off........4 skin....

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Kneegees I know thing u speak engly, you know understand you what say, you I thing from hole sh1t three world contree, they know speek ingle there, no? Me thing I leave me foreskeen in ur momma nite after last, said she like ingle into her, nite all, i is thing, maybe i do roft now? ok? you like know?

BABY CHIMP
Unregistered guest
-4 SKIN-It wasn't moma chimp that you left
your 4 skin in....It was Silly-Thillys
azz that you left it in boy...Also
we Chimp don't monkey fu@k we stick
to our own kind...Also nurse Cratchett
told me that you came to the hospital
last week because she had to remove a
sh*it-full of ping-pong ball from your
azz....What hve you being doing!...ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
Kneegees, I is play catch ball your mom nite all, she go I is love ball, heshe got me ball her throat, she talk you? she do trick or treat me ball like hello win, juggle her throat, ball my soar frawm ur momma vajina, she like it my peeng pung her throat, you trie two? I is do roft now okei?

MR. CHIMP
Unregistered guest
-4 SKIN-Can't you read you dum azz...I told you
moma Chimp don't fu@k monkeys...You need to
turn the light on then you would of seen that
you had you little dick in Silly Thilly's Butt!!
-You needed ping-pong balls because Silly Thilly-
Butt is so big after being porked by all the
boys in the hood that you think your little
dick could please him...What you need to do
4 skin is but a french-safe over your head and
be the real big dick you are....And then and
only then might you please Silly Thilly-boy....
(ROTF)

Silver Member

Post Number: 324
Kneegies, you mama monkey is talk hallo, she no talk englee you know talk engley two, I is teach you mama , heshe trafeek kone like intwo her, she tell kneegy , kneegee you gow skul, u say same agen theenk, yu ees like thing abowt gey seks alat. I eez gow roft know akay?

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 53
This will be fodder for the weaker minds of primates, but what is ROFT? I can think of a few, but would not apply in all circumstances its been used. I hope the second syllable of cir------- doesn`t get the Cromagnon too excited.

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 182
ROTFL
An abbreviation for rolling on the floor laughing, ROTFL is used in various online communications.
Unfornutately Kneegenbockers can't even get that right and drops the L due to lack of IQ.

Username: Chronmar

Post Number: 2
not to get back onto topic or anything :-) but I am looking to purchase my first FTA reciever... I originally was looking at the fortec lifetime ultra, but now i think my eyes are going more towards the panset 3500S... anyone got any opinion on the comparison of the two? minus the EPG that is... also a reliable site that may carry them with support for updates? (email me if you perfer not to "spam" the site or anything)

and last but not least... ellypitcal dishes? anyone know the dimensions of one? im just trying to pick up 110 and 119 but never even owned a satillite accessory in my life :-x thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 514
Buy a co*olsat ,viewsat or pansat 2700 or better..

get s simple 2 LNB dave dish 18x24 or a single 18" round and add /tie another LNB to it

MR. CHIMP
Unregistered guest
-I see we have 3 of the gaing members of Silly
Thilly-boy1951....Whats up jirk sticks....I see
your Leader Silly Thilly-boy couldn't make the
Chimp social club....Did you three pickers want
to try!!!!
-(Hitch-eeeee-B1tch-eeee-boy)-You are half-right
all you need to do is put your lips tight
together and blow out and s_u_c_k in at
the same time and you will get the sound
you want.....ROTF
-Why don't you ask your friend-(h31-4-skins...He
got real good at it last week s-u-c-king and
blowing on Mr Chimps skin flute from side to
side...ROTF
-I going to have to (Spank You)...You have being
watching to much P*O*R*N and sp*an*king your
monkey to much fool...I understand you three
meet at the steam bath twice a week...along with
Silly Thilly-boy....(He-He-He-Ha-He-Ha-He-Ha)
-Why don't you three azz ooooo go get Silly-boy
and make like a flock of birds and flock off
.................ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
Stop crying douche.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 515
OK U Chimps...back to the institution...no banana's tonight for U...bad chimps!..

PIZZ off 31-4SKINS
Unregistered guest
I don't cry (31-4skins)...fu@k off...ROTF
And you are a silver member....of what...ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
wewewewe I got banned for being a retardo douche bag wewewe

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 56
Impersonation is the highest form of flattery, but being barely upright " LUCY " or "JAVA", and I ain`t talking TV, I`m saying you are illiterate, as we all know ignorance is bliss, soon the Zookeepers will adjust your meds and all will be fine in the pseudo jungle again. SMDF.

H1TCH-MY-AZZ
Unregistered guest
-ok..anything you say Hitch-eee-B1tch-eee-boy..
now pizz off....ROTF

YOU NEED SPAM BOYS
Unregistered guest
Silly-thilly-boy & Hitch-eee-B1tch-eee-boy &
31-4skins are acting like fools again....What
each of you need is a can of SPAM with chimp
sh*it in it....ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
hahaha I like saying spam hahahaha I'm a psycho ba$tard hahaha can't register cause I know I'm gonna be banned again hahahaha

31-4skins
Unregistered guest
(31-4skins)...ha-ha-ha-ha-ha I just come my lump
in your moma's kunt....fa-rt face....
Come to me...come to me....you look
like a bag of come to me...ROTF

----------If I registered will they make me a
silver member like you 31-4-skins...
Down on the farm they all ask for
31-4skins....the pigs azz, the cows
azz, and the donkeys azz they all ask
for 31-4skins...(He-Ha-He-Ha)...ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 340
hahahaha no you retarted ba$tard that's the point, if you register and they ban you, you don't become a silver member just like me hahahahaha retarted psycho ba$tard, let me speak in your language spam spam spam ban ban spam hahahaha

Post Number: 4
I applogize for posting about this in here but I do not understand why the C00lsat is not able to be posted? can someone explain?

tried posting a new thread for the c00lsat...

First FTA reciever I am going to buy... in an earlier thread some helpfull people made me expand my views from the fortec to the c00lsat... I found one on ebay but they said in the auction "only for fta not for direct tv or dishnet" I just wanted to see if thats something that is needed to say but it can be programmed or if i need a special c00lsat 4000 pro to program it. I appreciate all the help guys...

I'm sure this is only the start too :-( but as i learn i hope to help people starting just like myself...

thanks any opinion helps... including on the pansat... so far i think i am going to order one of the two tomorrow or tuesday

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
@ChronMar

To avoid any legal hassle ebay stores post that it's for FTA only, but it can be programmed for DN, no extra special c00lsats needed.

I have pansat, c00lsat and viewsat and so far not one of them has given me any problems, just don't buy pansat 2500, because you might be buying a clone, anything above 2500 is good to go.

Post Number: 5
Thank you very much =) hopefully next post will be me setting it up but i checked out a few of those links in that post you left me in the othr thread... very helpfull... so why is it that you cannot post about the c00lsats on this site?

Tomorrow I will purchase that and the dish500, i am going to be looking online how to find the correct angle for the dish, I found a satillite locator but must figure out how to convert that to the actual direction and position... thanks h3lt3r

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
@ChronMar

You'd have to ask the admin of this site why c00lsat was censored and every other brand name wasn't.

Here are a few links to dish aligning tools:

[link removed]
http://www.hollsco.com/Products/SatCalc/
http://www3.telus.net/rampage/skew.htm
http://www.remotesat.com/lookangle.htm

Basically all you'll need to align the dish is one of those calculators above, your zip code and a cheap compass, (cheap $10 signal finder wouldn't hurt either).

When you'll punch in your zip code the calc will give the elevation (up or down, angle), scew (tilt the dish left or right, degrees) and azimuth (turn the dish left or right, this is where that cheap compass comes in).

crossracer
Unregistered guest
EUROSPORT -- is there a way to recieve this channel in the continetal USA? has anybody tried it? OLN is out of Echostar. Any news whether OLN is coming back on?

@h3lt3r -- resolved, got the proper satellite.

FYI Intern
Unregistered guest
H3lt3r_sk3lt3r has his terminology bassackwards. Composite and component video are two totally different creatures. They both use RCA cables but they are not the same. Most FTA uses composite video and yes S Video is better but the 3500s uses component video (the same way DVDs use to send their signals) and IS better than S Video. Don't mix the two just because they use RCA jacks as the means to connect to the equipment. RCA jscks are just a connection method that's it not a transmission type. Short explanation here. http://www.projectorcentral.com/component.htm

So to sum up Composite = Good
S Video = Better
Component = Best

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
@crossracer

I don't think so, all 3 eurosport channels are on eastern birds and all 3 of those birds are below the horizon.

Post Number: 6
Just an update and a question... I purchased the c00lsat 4000 pro today, should have it on friday or monday... other than that I was looking at the Dish 500, as h3lt3r stated, but I was also reading up on the help links posted in another thread... something about the LNB's with the switch built in may have a problem on a fta reciever? the dish I wanted to get said the following:

Legacy Dish 500 Twin LNB LNBF 500 (No Switch 21 Required)

Legacy, Dish 500
Comes With:
Dish Network 500 Dish Back
Legacy Twin LNB LNBF for SAT 110 and 119
Works with 2 Receivers, No Switches/Splitters Required

Please let me know if this would be compatible, or if more information is needed to decide that...
Thanks =)

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
@ChronMar

Legacy are not compatible with FTA, only with DN's receivers.

What you should look for is Dish Pro 500 (which comes with DishPro twin lnb), you can distinguish a DP lnb from legacy by a DP logo on an lnb casing.

Post Number: 7
Thanks H3lt3r... just ordered one with the dishpro LNB's, slowly but surely getting there!!

kriskros
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help with updating Pansat 3500 BIN with new keys? I have BIN/HEX editor, but no idea where/how to change keys...

scooooooooooott
Unregistered guest
i just purchased a pansat 3500s i am receiving all of the 110 sat channels. i have the old style dish with the twin lmb's and a switch 21. how can i get the 119 to come in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us