FTA NEWS

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 135
You should also add a disclaimer that you're completely guessing and doing so without any knowledge of the technical differences between FTA and plastic.

The difference is session keys, FTAs do not, never have and never will need them. The ONLY reason you don't see a hack yet for plastic or a good one for Atmega (yes, there is a really crappy dealer done Atmega hack) is because of session keys, which secure communication between the Echostar IRDs and the cams.

The dealer-only Atmega solution right now requires you to change the bin on your IRD which sets your IRD number and boxkeys to something like 44 44 44 55 55 55 55 etc. Having a simple number like this makes it easier to calculate the rotating session keys, with easier meaning less power which translates to less efficient code being required on an Atmega.

The Dish stream is a f$%cking standard DBS stream wrapped in encryption, it's not proprietary technology. This encryption is referred to as Aladdin by Nagra and Dish, or N2 by the hacking community. Now we have the keys we can see what's inside the stream, which is what people are watching with F2A's. That will not change. If they change the encryption keys, we get a decrypted keychange packet which can then be used to figure out how they change them.

The ONLY way Dish can resecure their signal would be to send down two or three successive keychanges, changing the keys and then changing the method in which keys are changed. This would allow them to sneak through keychanges that nobody had a chance to log in a decrypted state. Unfortunately for Dish, we can simply dump a Rom 101 and get the new keys anyway, which is why they have not done this yet. DISH WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SECURE THE STREAM until their CAMs are secured, which requires swapping out all the Rom 101s and 102s which recent history indicates will take about a year, once they start. They're still selling receivers with 102s in them, so it's likely significantly longer than that before it will be completed.

Killing an FTA unit is possible for them, but they'd have to find flaws in each individual make and model of unit and sound down code that would effect them. That's a monumental task and not likely to happen. Even if it does, they can't hit everyone at once so people would know it's coming.

The only thing they can do to FTAs right now is to rotate transponder locations for the channels on a regular basis, possibly several times a day. It remains to be seen how feasible this is, as they'd need to do so without disrupting service to their regular customers. If it can't be made invisible to them (I find it doubtful they can as recent channel moves have occurred over an hour or so) then rotating less frequently and in off peak hours remains a possibility, but something like this would be a major step in a new direction so it's all conjecture at this point.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 380
a lot of window dressing on that copy/paste...and holes too..

no1b4me
Unregistered guest
Heh, here some one posts something very informative and of great interest to most readers, and you blurt out your usual holier than thou criticism. You never cease to amaze us in displaying the total creep you are.

It must really blow to be you and seek some feeling of importance or acceptance by continually putting down others, I hate to see what your personal life is like to create such a poor excuse for a human being.

I think you're crazy, plain and simple. Nuts, a mad hatter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
I just dislike imposters like U...and long copy/paste that are all frills and no substance..most info in there is old and common and already beed disected..which U would know if U weren't an imposter..since U were a great coder at your own sites..

BTW...do U remember the name of your own sites?

Bronze Member
Username: Punjavi_doo

Post Number: 15
no1b4me ------> . Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
the imposter is kneegrows!

Whatta filthy Imposter
Unregistered guest
LOL....... "hatter" = One whose occupation is the manufacture, selling, or repair of hats.

S_U_C_K_-MY-DICK
Unregistered guest
LOL....I agree with you Silly Thilly-1951-You are
the number one azz o on this sight....You have
used my nick so many times and got me ban....
You remember what comes around goes around....You are the worlds NUMBER ONE
Fu@kING AZZ O......Iam going to make you
pay for this.....I going to
F
U
C
K
you up the azzz (B1TCHBOY) (RULES)

thank-you-azz-o
Unregistered guest
-SILLY THILLY-1951-Is running around town with my dick in his mouth.....
he loves to
S
U
C
K
my dick...the dirty
F
U
C
K
I
N
g

B
A
S
T
A
R
D
b1tch-boy "rules"

no1b4me
Unregistered guest
..YOU ARE DELLUSIONED

I am not knee whoever you claim I am... I see above being a power tripper we have cornered you into becoming a liar now too... let alone a coward seeking support calling us trouble makers... do you not think they can read your posts?

And what sites are you asking for... no1b4me is a group not an individual... Who would post to just one site anyways LOL... This is a dead, dead, issue, the P4/5 is history (unglitchable)... The EXACT NDS key to this card would catalyze a fix overnight but no one including dave has this, only NDS. You'd be the least trustworthy to give it to anyways. You'd make front page rolling over on those who provided the fix faster than a canary in a room full of cats. Never mind Dave, focus on being polite with F2A as no one will provide info to some one who bites the hand that feeds them. Dr. Stern would be ashamed of you too =)

This hobby is for the free exchange of information and ideas in a courteous and helpful manner, not for those powertripping under the guise of asistance. THIS IS THE ISSUE, NOT ME.

I am not here to prove anything to you, you are irrelevant, a moron. You can think I am anyone you want in your fantasy world, I don't care, the fact remains I will be watching you and your rude replies.

You get civil, and you never see or hear from me again. You stay rude and I will track and expose your every move for all to see what a mad hatter you are. The mods would applaud this. Enough is enough, you have been warned thilly... grow up or be gone.

Yeah, whatever
Unregistered guest

F U C K ... Y O U ! !

Cat in the Hat
Unregistered guest
"......to see what a mad hatter you are."
lol ... a "hatter" is a dude that makes hats

Anonymous

( c&p )

Wow!.........What a treacherous snake this "Kneegro" character is.

Im amazed at how creeps can be so vile.
His vicious attacks on Thill only reflect a low self-esteem and an aching envy for Thill's stature.

"Kneegro".....Violence and destruction will never get you there. I feel pity for you.

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 910
Like the other thread. Bye Boys.

Au revoir
Unregistered guest
Like the other thread. Good riddance.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us