Xbox to DVDR

Username: Scorpion7571

Post Number: 1
If you wanted to burn a back up of a movie, say I put the Lion King into my Xbox to play, and wanted to back up that movie through my Gateway dvd burner, how would I go about doing that?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1778
Scrap the xbox. DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, both free programs.

Post Number: 2
Where would I get these programs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1783
http://www.dvdshrink.org/
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

Post Number: 3
David...all I got to say it that you're the man. I've been scanning alot of these posts and I see that you are always there helping out. Let me take this time to thank you, from me and I'm sure for everyone else here.

I downloaded the software and I'll be backing my first dvd...cross your finger hehehe :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 1786
DVD Shrink will do most DVDs without Decrypter, you just use it to burn. When you go to burn there's an option ISO image and burn with Decrypter, it will automatically open Decrypter and burn the disc. On some discs you will have to run them through Decrypter in file mode, then use Shrink. If all you want is the movie, use reauthor in Shrink, there will be less or no compression that way. You can take out whatever languages you don't need to get less compression. For the best quality when compressing, deep analysis and adaptive error compensation will give a far better copy, but they can take a long time depending on processor speed.

Post Number: 4
Now I ran a DVD through both for a trial run, so to speak, but I think Shrink is easier, but I guess I need Nero burn, which I ordered yesterday. At the moment all I have is Roxio Platinum 6.0. I haven't tried with Roxio, but I heard that Nero was really good, and I got a good deal. Hopefully in a couple of days things will run smoothly.

Again thank you David :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1793
Use Decrypter to burn, it burns better than Nero anyway. After clicking backup there will be an option ISO image file and burn with Decrypter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us