Taping a program while watching another channel

Username: Midori

Post Number: 1
Hello, I need some techincal help and I was wondering if anyone can help me. Here is my dilemma:
Basically, I want to watch the a hockey game on Saturday night, but I want to tape another program from 7-9 pm, right during the game. Normally you could just program the VCR to tape on the other channel while I watch the game right? But...the TV in my apartment is really old and didn't have a remote so my roommate hooked it up through the VCR so we can use the VCR remote to change channels on the TV. So, with that setup, is it still possible to tape something on one channel whie watching something on another channel at the same time? Or do I have to re-do the hookup? Thank you!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 28
If I understand correctly, you use the remote of the vcr to change the channel of vcr (not the tv) and watch the vcr's output from tv. Right? If yes, you cannot do what you want. It is not related with the hookup. You should watch the tv from it's own channel and let the vcr to record from it's own channel.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1785
As long as the TV is capable of receiving whatever channel you want to watch, you can do it. Use the TV/VCR button on the VCR after you've started recording whatever you want to record, then set the TV on whatever channel you want to watch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us