DVD copy protection problem

Username: Sheehy

Post Number: 1
I suspect after browsing the bbs for awhile that this will sound like a dumb question. Still, I don't know the answer; so here goes:

I just bought a basic Panasonic DVD player, which is currently hooked up to my old TV -- a Quasar TV/VCR combo that is more than 10 years old. I can watch DVD's -- that is, they'll play -- but they all seem to have the same problem: the brightness oscillates, very slowly, from quite bright to quite dark.

It is, needless to say, annoying. Since the DVD player is new, I'm assuming that the problem has something to do with copy-protection on the DVDs themselves, and I'm also guessing that it's being triggered by the fact that I must wire all this through the VCR side of the TV/VCR combo. So, my questions, for anybody: first, am I right about this, or should I bring the DVD player back? And if I am right, is there anything to be done about it beyond buying another TV?

Anything you could tell me would be welcome. Thanks,

jhs

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
If you are connecting via the line input of the TV/VCR combo, then you are right. It is caused by the macrovision protection of the DVD. If you don't want to buy another TV, you can consider buying a microvision remover such as DVD RED and connect the video signal via the DVD RED.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us